More than 6GB of RAM?

You've still got plenty of time.

I must agree on that with you most games don't even pass 3GB mark but I saw test in some games AC series difference between 8GB and 16GB of same ram made difference in like 5 to 10 fps even tho half of that ram wasn't used .

Edit wrong Quote Sorry don't know how to delete it .

Edit: Ok I looked video again setup was FX 8350, R9 280X , 8GB of Kingston at 1666mhz they swaped ram for 16GB Kingston 2133Mhz and they got 15,20 more fps on same settings in AC Unity , and in other games difference were 5 to 10fps max

Last edited:
The only game I've ever played that uses a significant quantity of RAM is heavily modded Minecraft. Easily 4GB for server and client each (which is why I now have 16GB).

You are aware that a 32 bit OS will not address any more than 4Gb?
Windows can't, but members of the Linux Master Race can (and some specific situations in Windows but it's unstable) by using Physical Address Extension. A 32-bit Linux system can address up to 64GB.

Last edited:
He is talking about gaming though...

Plenty of AAA and good indie gaming to be had on Linux nowadays. You still have a point though, which is why I waited until I had something else to say rather than just that.

Plenty of AAA and good indie gaming to be had on Linux nowadays. You still have a point though, which is why I waited until I had something else to say rather than just that.

Been there...it needs another 2-3 years, but I do hope that Linux becomes a viable platform choice wise soon. But you are right, we're straying a bit off topic...

Yup, the system 32bit will set 2gb for windows kernel and 2gb for current active processes, this includes any reserve processes, can be adjusted to a degree. I upgraded to 16gb to facilitate the new operating system when I get the cash to grab it.

Yup, the system 32bit will set 2gb for windows kernel and 2gb for current active processes, this includes any reserve processes, can be adjusted to a degree. I upgraded to 16gb to facilitate the new operating system when I get the cash to grab it.

Since Vista, the keys are interchangeable between 32bit/64bit installs. So really you'd just have to reinstall with a 64bit disc and you'd be fine.

Back
Top Bottom