Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

I finished Ground Zeroes, S-ranked everything including the bonus Raiden mission. The Raiden mission was a fun change of pace because it was both action and stealth oriented. You start out by the cliffs near the prison area and are asked to search for the twelve soldiers patroling the base.

The story behind it is that Raiden from the year 2018 in Metal Gear Rising somehow came back in time and was hired by Big Boss and Kaz to deal with the body snatchers. The only payment Raiden wants is the XOF patches Snake found in Camp Omega (which surprisingly makes sense because you unlock the mission by finding all nine patches.) Snake then goes to hand Raiden his sword, but Raiden turns it away and instead picks up an assualt rifle, then jumps out of the helicopter.

Your job is to identify whether each individual person is human or a body snatcher, which is done by marking the target. If he glows blue, he's human, and you have to tranq him or knock him out. If he glows green he's a snatcher and you have to kill him. As soon as you do he will disinigrate into the air.

Once all 12 are dealt with, a chopper will come to pick you up. However, dozens of snatchers start pouring out of the base and it's an all out assualt against them. They also send in a chopper in which you'll need a rocket launcher to take down. Once all of them are dead the chopper will land and extract you.

It's fun, but super short; kind of the theme of the game I guess. Raiden has super speed, so his sprint is about double-triple that of Snake's; other than that he controls the same. Once you know where all twelve guards are, the mission can be done in less than ten minutes for an S Rank.

Last edited:
So, do you unlock anything besides a cheevo for the S ranks? I really had no intention of trying them. I hope that "exclusive" missions for each eventually gets moved over.

Deja Vu has you recreate 7 scenes from Metal Gear Solid 1. You do the tank scene, one with Psycho Mantis, the Hind, a camera, a statue, the jeep, and the helipad with the spot lights.

There are also little easter eggs all over the place. Crawling in a tunnel makes has you calling Kaz "Master Miller." The spotlights are changed to fox emblems, and the american flags to foxhound flags. The two prisoners are changed to the Darpa Chief and the Armstech president. Rescuing them infects you with Fox Die.

Once you finish normal you unlock classic snake which re-skins all the enemies as genome soldiers and makes it snow. Beating hard unlocks Grey Fox who has Raiden's moveset.

Deja Vu sounds much better and a whole lot more fleshed out. There's Easter eggs in Jamais Vu, but it's mostly nods to Kojima. There's a bunch of giant Fox/Kojima logo's painted all over the place, as well as the logo for the first MGS game. Kaz just makes lame comments like, "Hmm, this guy seems pretty important..."

I don't know if anything special happens if you find them all, but as far as unlockables you seem to just get different color palettes for Raiden's cyborg ninja suit.

So far I've unlocked a white version of the ninja suit for S-ranking the mission on normal and a military green version for S-ranking the mission on hard (it's similar to the color of Master Chief's armor from Halo)

Last edited:
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Tactical Rage Operations

372930_136879086387020_987363735_n.jpg

Oh Metal Gear, how I've missed you! I haven't had a chance to play MGS4 yet because I don't have a PS3, but damned if that didn't stop me from reading the summary, watching YouTube clips, and playing MGS1, 2, 3, and Peace Walker for the umpteenth thousand time!

th

<333333333333333333333333333

And now here's a little next gen taste of what's to come, that final missing chapter that should provide some insight on how Big Boss and Kazuhira Miller lay the ground work for Outer Heaven!

th

*places disc into console*

th

randy-marsh-ectoplasm1.jpg

*looks through the menus*

arco-iris.png

Ohhh! Look, there's a ton of audio logs and back story here! Hmm... This takes place just moments after Peace Walker ends, that's awesome because I just finished that game! What else... oh my, Paz survived? And Chico got captured too because he had a thing for her?

th

Silly Chico, always talking about his love for mythical creatures and monsters, yet, he has no idea he fell in love with a monster, a KGB/CIA/Cpiher triple agent named Pacifica Ocean posing as an innocent kid around his age.

*The music from The Legend of Zelda when you open a big chest plays*

th

RANK UP - LEVEL 74 NERD

th

Alright, Chico's in trouble and Paz might spill our secrets out to Zero. Time to go to this military black site in Cuba and extract the targets!

*The opening scene plays, showing Skull Face moving throughout the camp with both Chico & Paz held in an outdoor prison area. The two were seperated as Paz was taken somewhere - Skull Face gets on a chopper and flys away while Snake looks on as he scales the cliffside en route to the the base.*

th

zERMAHGERD ERMAHGERD ERMAHGERD THIS IS TEH BEST GAME EVARRRRR!!!!!

*Snake speaks for the first time*

th

That's not Snake... I mean I like Jack Bauer and all but David Hayter will always be Snake.

*Cutscene ends and I get to move around*

...dat Fox engine

I proceed to navigate my way though the camp... sneaking around, taking down guards, interrogating them for information, even saving a prisoner that was about to be executed.
f_yeah_ii_postcard-r7d5763cd69b04d8e84a95b7437276058_vgbaq_8byvr_324.jpg

I'm a certified bad ass.

Eventually, I locate the prison camp and make contact with Chico and a few other POW's. Chico informs me that Paz was taken somewhere, and keeps uttering that she's dead. Poor Chico, beaten, battered, and broken :(

I extract him and the other POW's via chopper and give a listen to a cassette tape that he recorded and hid from the guards. Kaz points out that locating Paz may require some detective work, and you can hear things like a truck, a flag whipping in the wind, and a large security gate opening.

373046_430844630263160_512449737_n.jpg

Wait... did Kaz just say that I have to do some detective work? Almost like, I'm... like I'm...

th

...Batman?

Last edited:
After the said detective work, I locate the truck and the flag, and notice that the driver stepped out for a cigarette break. While he's not looking, I hopped into the truck and laid down on the bed. The unware driver took me right into the base like a Trojan horse.

th

I slowly made my way through the base and finally located Paz. Snake tells her that he's here to get her out, but she keeps uttering nonsense about her stomach hurting and asking Snake to hit her, followed up with a psychotic laugh.

373046_430844630263160_512449737_n.jpg

Wait a second... this is an agent posing as an innocent young school girl asking a grown rugged man to hit her because she wants it?

Oh Japan, you're so... what's a nice way to put it...? Special...

weird_japanese_tv.gif

I pick Paz up, drape her over my shoulders, and proceed to exit the base via the path I came... except I was greeted by a handful of guards!

th

Huh? Uh-oh...

*the alarm sounds*

Meme_Tasered+Phillies+Fan_02.jpg

Oh shhhiiii...

RUUUUUUNNNN B*TCH!!!!!!!!

I sprinted out of the base, doing my best to avoid enemy fire. Behind some cover I took a moment to call for evac as I ran out of the base, making my way to the extraction point. I placed Paz on the helicopter and jumped aboard. Mission complete.

th

THAT'S RIGHT FOOLS, I WIN!

*enemy radio sounds* "ALL UNITS - FOCUS FIRE ON THAT ENEMY CHOPPER!!!!!"

*chopper starts to take damage*

5720e9cf809ebfdfc321bf95cb3c1d4c.jpg

*chopper escapes*

th

...WHAT I SAID BEFORE FOOLS HAHAH

With everyone safe and onboard, a cutscene plays and it's quickly realized that Paz's stomach pains were stemming from the enemy impalnting a bomb inside of her!

th

Hehe... Jack Bauer, you and your bombs

Snake calls for a medic and an emergency surgery. Everyone holds her down while the medic opens her up and proceeds to extract the bomb.

heck-no.png

It's pretty graphic.

With the bomb disposed of and the threat averted, the chopper makes it's way toward Mother Base... only the threat hasn't been averted as Skull Face has all but destroyed it!

th

You see, Huey, (Hal/Otacon's father) meet's Snake in MGS Peace Walker, was a United States scientist that developed Peace Walker, a nuclear failsafe deterrent that would automatically retaliate if a missile strike was launched. Huey defected to Militaires Sans Frontieres (MSF) with Big Boss after he saw how Hot Coldman of the CIA went off the deep end and intended to use Peace Walker to fire an actual nuclear warhead at the East Coast of the US just to prove how Peace Walker works. Anyway, after Peace Walker was defeated Kaz talked Snake into acquiring the nuke from Peace Walker and bringing it back to Mother Base, offically making MSF the world's seventh nuclear power. The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) requested a formal inspection of Mother Base to make sure that they didn't have a nuke. Kaz and Big Boss realized that the Cold War was coming to an end, so instead of showing thier hand and announcing to the world that they are a nuclear power, they chose instead to load it onto Metal Gear ZEKE and hide everything underwater, calling on it as an "ace in the hole" if ever needed. To avoid suspicion, Huey arranged the meeting and the IAEA was going to be arriving shortly after Snake returned from Camp Omega. The problem was that it wasn't really the IAEA, it was Cipher, the rouge CIA organization being run by Snake's old handler during the Virtuous Mission and Operation Snake Eater, Major Zero. This led to them catching Mother Base by surprise and crippling it!

th

RANK UP - LEVEL 102 NERD

Last edited:
So back to Ground Zeroes, Kaz sees the destruction on the horizon and goes ape sh*t on Paz, demanding information and calling her a traitor spy, along with several explatives that looked something like: "AAARRRGGHHH!!!! DAMN YOU, YOU LITTLE #$#@%!!! I'm gonna @%$^%$^$%^ YOU'RE @#!@#!@ YOU PIECE OF !@$!@ #@@#$@# @#$@#$@#$@#$!!!!!"

Kaz is restrained before he snaps her neck, and Paz says that there's a bomb inside her. Snake informs her that everything is alright because they got the bomb out, but Paz shakes her head, looks down, and says that there's another.

th

Wait a sec...

th

OMG THERE'S A SNUKE IN HER SNIZZ!!!!!!

With the bomb ticking and no time remaining, Paz opens the hatch and dives out of the chopper. Moments after the bomb explodes and sends the helicopter spiraling out of control toward what little remained of Mother Base. Finally coming to, Snake gets up and starts firing back at the enemy assault teams.

OMG THIS NEXT MISSION GOING TO BE AWESOMESAUCE!!!!!!!!

surprised-open-mouth.jpg

Oh, it's just a cutscene? Holy crap, those graphics...

With the only option being retreat, Snake takes Kaz's arm as Kaz helps lift Snake up into another chopper, only this one get's shot down and the screen fades to black. Then... the credits roll.

th

wut?

th

That's it! Thank you for playing Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes! $30 please! We hope you enjoyed your one hour experience with this demo and look forward to your $60 when the full game comes out! For now, just enjoy some extra dialogue and a short teaser for the Phantom Pain!

th

angry_unhappy_meme_face_post_card-rfb42b7fea0914c82a4905f88b5e12eba_vgbaq_8byvr_324.jpg

th

$30!!!!!!!!!! FOR ONE HOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!

th

There's also some extra non-canon side missions for you, but they are all on this same base map and should only take you 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!

th

MOTHER F@#@#R!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS AN UNETHICAL, DIRTY, BS BUSINESS PRACTICE TO STRONG-ARM YOUR LOYAL FANS INTO SHELLING OUT $30 EACH FOR A DEMO! THESE SAME DEVOTED FANS ARE THE REASON YOUR STUDIO STILL EXISTS, AND YOU THANK THEM BY SHAKING THEM UPSIDE DOWN BY THE ANKLES FOR EVERY NICKEL IN THEIR POCKETS!!!! HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

th

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - coming 2015!

th

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom