Jury rules against Minn. woman in download case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, serves her right...sure.

It's her fault that she's going to have to declare bankruptcy because the RIAA wants to "send a message"...man, I'm sure the RIAA is so glad they aren't to blame for jeopardizing her kid's futures...they must have no problem sleeping at night.

Funny thing is, everything in that comment is sarcastic except the last part. I'm sure the RIAA is sleeping fine at night, being that they're bloodthirsty *******s.

Yeah, serves her right...sure.

It's her fault that she's going to have to declare bankruptcy because the RIAA wants to "send a message"...man, I'm sure the RIAA is so glad they aren't to blame for jeopardizing her kid's futures...they must have no problem sleeping at night.

Funny thing is, everything in that comment is sarcastic except the last part. I'm sure the RIAA is sleeping fine at night, being that they're bloodthirsty *******s.

If you had millions of pirates attacking your front door every day would you be nice with your message? No, you wouldn't. Sure they make their millions anyway..and they shouldn't make that much to begin with. But stealing is stealing. Everyone wants to point at the "theoretical money" with the comment of "OH if they didn't pirate it they wouldn't buy it anyway". Well, tell wal-mart that whenever you decide to go steal a $10 shirt. "Oh if I didn't steal it I wouldn't buy it so you didn't lose any money" Well yea, they did..it cost them money to make it.

I do believe the music industry needs to make some changes. Charge less (who wants to pay $1 per song? That's crazy) and not be so greedy. But stealing is stealing. If she didn't want to pay $5,000 up front then she needs to be shown how outrageous they can be. If she wants to make stupid choices, they have the right to give her a stupid response.

Radio Head and several other artists have already spoken about this, and they them selves said that out of that 1.9 million, they won't see anything, they have already said that. They have also stated that the RIAA is getting outta control.

BTW, a physical item can NOT be compared to digital information such as a song or movie waffle hammer.

Not entirely true, you can buy an entire album from Itunes and strip the copy protection quiet easily then upload it, actualy sales of physical cds have gone down, but digital versions have skyrocketed.

Also, the pirate that did it originaly BOUGHT the cd, then turned it into a digital medium, if that's the way it went for that download. So either way they aren't loosing material, or money, they don't loose anything, it is just a copy of 0's and 1's.....

It is intellectual property/art, and it has value. The semantics do not matter in this case and the court ruled thusly.

The main problem I have is the so-called "value" of this property.

I love how the RIAA is doing things on behalf of the artists when they aren't actually getting anything out of it...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom