I cant get rid of CHKUPD error messege

Ok, had a chance to take a look at it (lots of lines :p).

Things I would uninstall:
CleanMyPC
Ask Toolbar
Bing Toolbar
Google Toolbar

Try disabling this entry (possible malware left over or something...can't find much on it online):
+ "*tluafed" "" "" "c:\users\k\application data\{0000760b-30df-145b-713d-a15020c974ae}.exe" "9/6/2014 10:48 AM"

I've also seen the chkupd message related to Daemon Tools (which it looks like you have installed).
So I'd try uninstalling Daemon Tools and PowerISO to see if it also gets rid of the message for you.

thanks for the prompt responses..yes a long list of entries but how exactly do I disable the entries"?
Also, I could not find that line you suggested I disable (+*tluafed etc..) where exactly is it ?
Do I disable the programmes you mentioned from startup or delete it from control panel ?

rgrds

thanks for the prompt responses..yes a long list of entries but how exactly do I disable the entries"?
Should just be able to uncheck them in Autoruns.

Also, I could not find that line you suggested I disable (+*tluafed etc..) where exactly is it ?
Not sure where it is - I just saw it in your log list. You could try manually navigating to the directory it's located in, and send it to recycle bin.

Do I disable the programmes you mentioned from startup or delete it from control panel ?

rgrds

The CleanMyPC and toolbars, uninstall through Control Panel.

I'd also try uninstalling PowerISO and Daemon Tools to see if that makes the message disappear.

I uninstalled daemon and powerISO progs but no change to error messege..I will continue with the other suggested programmes.

BTW there are two lines on the list, highlighted in yellow where it reads "file not found", could those be the possible culprits as well ?

Are you sure you know what you are saying ? I have deleted all the programmes you mentioned with the exception of

"+ "*tluafed" "" "" "c:\users\k\application data\{0000760b-30df-145b-713d-a15020c974ae}.exe" "9/6/2014 10:48 AM".
which I could not find..
Am I the first person on this forum to get this error messege ?

There must be a more systematic way of getting to it than randomly knocking off programmes..

Are you sure you know what you are saying ? I have deleted all the programmes you mentioned with the exception of

"+ "*tluafed" "" "" "c:\users\k\application data\{0000760b-30df-145b-713d-a15020c974ae}.exe" "9/6/2014 10:48 AM".
which I could not find..
Erm, sorry for helping? Yes I know what I'm saying.

Am I the first person on this forum to get this error messege ?
Apparently so.

There must be a more systematic way of getting to it than randomly knocking off programmes..

I'm not telling you to "randomly knock off programs". The CleanMyPC and the toolbars I told you to get rid of are useless and unnecessary, hence why I told you to uninstall them.

When I was researching the error, Daemon Tools was mentioned to cause the popup, which is why I told you to uninstall it (as well as PowerISO just in case there was an issue stemming from there rather than from Daemon Tools).

You're definitely welcome to work out the problem yourself:
Let me google that for you

Not trying to be rude, but I'm doing what I can to help you, while I have a few minutes to spare. I'm not getting paid to help people on these forums.

Anyway.... back on topic...

My next suggestion would be to check your Task Scheduler to see if some event is firing on startup that's linked to that file.

I'd also recommend running HiJackThis and posting the log here: HiJackThis | SourceForge.net

hi not trying to be rude....just asking if you have dealt with this problem before..Ofcourse I appreciate your help..will follow your instructions and get back to you asap.

View attachment 6613Hi guys-

Can anyone help me get rid of this annoying CHKUPD {choose the programme you want to open this file} popup error messege that pops up everytime I launch windows. I have tried all the usual suspects like clean registry, defrag, clean cookies and temp files etc etc but to no avail.

Hmm read this link and look near the bottom.
What is chkupd? | Windows Secrets Lounge

Check add and remove programs in control panel and see if may come up.

If not view this here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibhL1tUQUuI

If you need 1on1 help I'll assist you privately if necesary.

Back
Top Bottom