Halo

oh just keep bragging about that college edumactaion. " oh i have 4 xboxes and 4 fancy tvs to connect and im a college dude bro" ha ha im just messing withya

It was awesome, but it became a pain to set up at times. The dorms were obviously way too small, so we pretty much had to lug a bunch of HDTV's and equipment down to the student rec lounge. We set the TV's up in a square and had four players on each one.

It was great, we did all sorts of things like 8 vs 8, 4 vs 4 vs 4 vs 4 multi-team, and all sorts of wacky stuff. We also kept a constant rotation to keep things competitive, where the worst player or two after each round stitched teams with the top scoring players.

Not to brag, but I switched seats a lot for being the top scorer lol. It's actually where my username/gamertag came from, everytime I would switch over to the losing team they would get all excited and shout, "OH SH*T!!!! WE GOT AN EDGE ON THE COMPETITION!!!!!!" It then just became "edge" for short and sort of stuck ever since.

Last edited:
It was awesome, but it became a pain to set up at times. The dorms were obviously way too small, so we pretty much had to lug a bunch of HDTV's and equipment down to the student rec lounge. We set the TV's up in a square and had four players on each one.

It was great, we did all sorts of things like 8 vs 8, 4 vs 4 vs 4 vs 4 multi-team, and all sorts of wacky stuff. We also kept a constant rotation to keep things competitive, where the worst player or two after each round stitched teams with the top scoring players.

Not to brag, but I switched seats a lot for being the top scorer lol. It's actually where my username/gamertag cam from, everytime I would switch over to the losing team they would get all excited and shout, "OH SH*T!!!! WE GOT AN EDGE ON THE COMPETITION!!!!!!" It then just became "edge" for short and sort of stuck ever since.

sounds fun I never did any LAN stuff. Im a single player OG always have been. I am liking Co-op more and more though. But even with that most of the time I just want to relax and game out. So fyi if IO don't evr join someones games its because im antisocial and want to Single player it up. I really wish games like COD and Battlefield would put online co-op for their campaings I love going through campaigns on those games. Me and my buddy played Killzone 3 co-op bunch of times

Not to brag, but I switched seats a lot for being the top scorer lol. It's actually where my username/gamertag came from, everytime I would switch over to the losing team they would get all excited and shout, "OH SH*T!!!! WE GOT AN EDGE ON THE COMPETITION!!!!!!" It then just became "edge" for short and sort of stuck ever since.
After a while we made up stupid game modes like hide and seek. I think the mode we used was oddball and the person who wasn't invisible had to go and find everybody else.

After a while we made up stupid game modes like hide and seek. I think the mode we used was oddball and the person who wasn't invisible had to go and find everybody else.

One of the crazy games we made was in Halo 3 when the introduced the mongoose, and we dubbed our said creation mongoose jousting, which functions almost exactly how it sounds.

The sword doesn't have the range while on vehicles and rockets are too easy, so we settled on snipers. Obviously, the goal of the shooter was to snipe the other shooter off of the opposing mongoose. Drivers were allowed an allotted path (almost like hash marks on a football field) in which they were allowed to swerve around a little bit to make it more difficult on the opposing shooter. Forge in Halo 3 made it easy because we were able to build barriers to make a track.

We would randomly assign teams of two as well as drivers/jousters, and made up a tournament bracket. Each round was a best of five series, and last team standing won the crown. I can't remember everything we did, but that was one of our "joke/mess around to change things up" games that we created. Between Halo 2 and 3 we came up with all sorts of crazy custom stuff.

One of the crazy games we made was in Halo 3 when the introduced the mongoose, and we dubbed our said creation mongoose jousting, which functions almost exactly how it sounds.

The sword doesn't have the range while on vehicles and rockets are too easy, so we settled on snipers. Obviously, the goal of the shooter was to snipe the other shooter off of the opposing mongoose. Drivers were allowed an allotted path (almost like hash marks on a football field) in which they were allowed to swerve around a little bit to make it more difficult on the opposing shooter. Forge in Halo 3 made it easy because we were able to build barriers to make a track.

We would randomly assign teams of two as well as drivers/jousters, and made up a tournament bracket. Each round was a best of five series, and last team standing won the crown. I can't remember everything we did, but that was one of our "joke/mess around to change things up" games that we created. Between Halo 2 and 3 we came up with all sorts of crazy custom stuff.

Me and friends used to try this online when everyone else was playing serious hahaha.. he actually made a nice montage in the halo 3 beta way back then. I heard Haloscene.com might be making a comeback this fall

oDinZu's Halo 3 Beta Montage - YouTube

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom