Halo

If a game can figure out matchmaking where I am playing others my skill level instead of 6 year old kids who prestiged 6 times, if buy it in a second. Plus I would buy the expansions.

Sent from my iPhone using tiny buttons. Sorry for the misspellings. Enjoy your game.

If a game can figure out matchmaking where I am playing others my skill level instead of 6 year old kids who prestiged 6 times, if buy it in a second. Plus I would buy the expansions.

Sent from my iPhone using tiny buttons. Sorry for the misspellings. Enjoy your game.

They're using a similar ranking system to Halo 2 Classic - you progress up in level when you perform well - you go down in level when you perform badly.. There are other factors such as winning/losing, kill/death ratio, accuracy, ect that play into it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaYRp1eEymY

Basically after you play so many games you'll progress into your skill group - if its a bunch of young trash talkers then thats' all you! hahahaha :)

I didnt like the hoops either; played XBC on halo 1 a crap-ton but that was long before the convenience and success of xbox live so it was the only option - there were also 20k+ people playing on XBC at once so there was a competitive scene. Without 4v4 arena-type games I wouldn't love halo with such vigor.

Its graphics are only beefed in regard of the higher framerate and the, hopeful, performance increase from the matchmaking system and games hosted on dedicated servers.
In that regard, I meant hopefully they upped the internal resolution of the textures and sprites rather than simply raising the output resolution to 1080p and calling it a day. I thought Halo 3 looked pretty good already but the terrible resolution and no AA made the game hard to play for me. I didn't actually play Halo 3 until 2011 because of this. 60fps on ALL Halo games is going to be great on console though.

They're using a similar ranking system to Halo 2 Classic - you progress up in level when you perform well - you go down in level when you perform badly.. There are other factors such as winning/losing, kill/death ratio, accuracy, ect that play into it.

Halo: The Masterchief Collection - Halo 2 Ranking System Returns! - YouTube

Basically after you play so many games you'll progress into your skill group - if its a bunch of young trash talkers then thats' all you! hahahaha :)
More than likely I probably won't ever play the game online. It'll be all at LANs with all of us guys reminiscing of our old high school days LANing Halo 2.

More than likely I probably won't ever play the game online. It'll be all at LANs with all of us guys reminiscing of our old high school days LANing Halo 2.

I would say me and you are two opposite sides of the same coin but dude we're not even the same currency lol. Without the competitive arena multiplayer halo would be nothing more to me than a showy sci-fi shooter with good lore and backstory.

It wouldnt be special to me without multiplayer side of it. Like controlling the map, controlling the weapons, timing weapon spawns, trapping players in a spawn after you kill them, and especially working with others to create a team and learn and grow together as well as maintain that high team morale.. love it.

I spec'd 2 MLG events, was a coach for 2 other events and I even went as a player for one of them and man its an awesome feeling when there is a crowd of people behind you watching you play and you pull off something nasty with the sniper or do a jump that they didn't know about and you hear the rumbling "ooooooohhhh!!!" and the background "holy sh!t dude did you see that sh!t?!" from the crowd its awesome!

I really hope the competitive scene starts up for halo in NA over the next year. I wanna go to more MLG events!

I kinda did some competitive stuff with CS:GO but i'm nowhere near as good at CS as i was at Halo

Maybe I'm just a nostalgic weirdo, but I can't wait to be able to do BXR's and super jump like a noob on Lockout again.

Maybe I'm just a nostalgic weirdo, but I can't wait to be able to do BXR's and super jump like a noob on Lockout again.

Im the weirdo too!! :D :D :D :D :D

I swear not many things in life make me feel like a gitty school girl but that statement you said definitely did

I would say me and you are two opposite sides of the same coin but dude we're not even the same currency lol. Without the competitive arena multiplayer halo would be nothing more to me than a showy sci-fi shooter with good lore and backstory.

It wouldnt be special to me without multiplayer side of it. Like controlling the map, controlling the weapons, timing weapon spawns, trapping players in a spawn after you kill them, and especially working with others to create a team and learn and grow together as well as maintain that high team morale.. love it.

I spec'd 2 MLG events, was a coach for 2 other events and I even went as a player for one of them and man its an awesome feeling when there is a crowd of people behind you watching you play and you pull off something nasty with the sniper or do a jump that they didn't know about and you hear the rumbling "ooooooohhhh!!!" and the background "holy sh!t dude did you see that sh!t?!" from the crowd its awesome!

I really hope the competitive scene starts up for halo in NA over the next year. I wanna go to more MLG events!

I kinda did some competitive stuff with CS:GO but i'm nowhere near as good at CS as i was at Halo
I'm seriously more of a LAN person rather than online gaming. Always have been and probably always will be even with the decline of local play. Halo started out for me as a SP experience and that grew into the MP experience with the involvement of LANs. I started bringing my Xbox to school on Mondays to pass the time before band rehearsal and it went from there. My best friend had just moved to my town (we didn't know each other before) and was a Halo nut too and we decided to start having LANs at his house weekly after Halo 2 came out. We would have 30 something people at his place every Thursday which turned into over nighters for the later half of 2004 and most of 05.

To me it is the personal interaction of a LAN that makes it. I mean I play BF4, Mechwarrior Online, and a few other games online but it just isn't the same. Playing with 8 people on Starcraft 2 at Quakecon, hearing somebody scream 4 tables down because you raided their base with carriers. Excellent.

To me it is the personal interaction of a LAN that makes it. I mean I play BF4, Mechwarrior Online, and a few other games online but it just isn't the same. Playing with 8 people on Starcraft 2 at Quakecon, hearing somebody scream 4 tables down because you raided their base with carriers. Excellent.

+1 to that.

Love playing with people in the same room.

Didn't LAN too much on older games, besides the random times people would invite me over to Halo 2 LAN.

Friends and I did that with BF3 all the time though - we'd have 7 or 8 people in somebody's basement or apartment, each with our own TV's/PS3's and all got in the same game, split between a couple squads. Played super effectively like this, especially since there was no communication delay.

I used to LAN Halo 2 and Halo 3 all of the time in college. Some nights we had a full group of 16 and had to run four TV's and four Xbox 360's, it was a blast. I miss those days. I still keep in touch with a handful of them but it's over Xbox Live because I'm two hours away from campus whereas most of them are all from that area.

I used to LAN Halo 2 and Halo 3 all of the time in college. Some nights we had a full group of 16 and had to run four TV's and four Xbox 360's, it was a blast. I miss those days. I still keep in touch with a handful of them but it's over Xbox Live because I'm two hours away from campus whereas most of them are all from that area.

oh just keep bragging about that college edumactaion. " oh i have 4 xboxes and 4 fancy tvs to connect and im a college dude bro" ha ha im just messing withya

Back
Top Bottom