Halo 4

Happy to hear I decided against it then. Was a hard decision considering I was a huge halo fan back in the day. Wasn't until Halo 3's Firefight challenges that I just got burned out and lost all will to pop it into the disc tray =/

My biggest deal is the developer swap is completely obvious. It's like the only hint of the previous titles in the game are the Covenant and MC. Cortana looks like a buck toothed country girl who is kinda derpy and MC doesn't get the respect he deserves after saving humanity several times and taking a 4 year nap floating in space.

The texture art, lighting, sound, music, ambient sound, and Covenant language are all different including the styles of the human ships. My biggest deal with all of those is the sounds and music. Completely changing things like those really change the user experience if you're used to a specific style.

The story so far doesn't make much sense from what I'm getting while playing as well. Considering I have played all of the Halo games several times and read the books I have a strong understanding of what's going on. Maybe it's the 4 years in the future thing but it just doesn't add up yet.

Hopefully it is the whole "Your missing 4 years worth of events" thing you mentioned... Hopefully it all adds up in the end.
Idk, I have been told it's rather short and I do blow through these games quick. It feels like I'm near the end already.
Had to pause to flash a phone for a friend.

Well, I just beat it after giving it a rest for the phone and to take a long drive in the cool weather. Yea, I won't be playing any other Halo.

I didn't feel that it was terrible, but it did feel a lot different than many of the other Halo games. Maybe it's because I played Halo 2 like it was my job, but either way, it was still pretty good.

I believe it is time to martyr Master Chief. If they can turn #5 n 6 into a "I know what I have to do" and "This is it, this is the end" stories... I will probably buy whichever game I don't have and read up on the additional Halo books that came out the past 3 years with tear filled eyes...

Yep. After 3, there wasn't much to do with Chief since the story (unless mentioned in the latest book at the time) was done. There wasn't a threat any more except for small batches of the covenant whom may or may not have been directly disobeying the elite's.

Halo has always been about Cortana and MC for me. Cortana is gone, and MC probably going on retirement means Halo won't ever been the same for me. They could make a Cortana 2.0 or whatever easily I'm sure, but wouldn't be the same.
That plus the developer change making it a different game to me means it's time for me to give up the series and story in hopes of something else epic to take its place.

Halo has always been about Cortana and MC for me. Cortana is gone, and MC probably going on retirement means Halo won't ever been the same for me. They could make a Cortana 2.0 or whatever easily I'm sure, but wouldn't be the same.
That plus the developer change making it a different game to me means it's time for me to give up the series and story in hopes of something else epic to take its place.

The developer change really did change up the gameplay style. Fortunately, we have Destiny to look forward to from Bungie!

Back
Top Bottom