Guild Wars anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really disliked Factions. It made me stop playing for awhile. Nightfall was really fun though. And what I played of Eye of the North was very good. I really should start playing again.

i second that, factions was bad. and it really messed up the flow of the game (pvp) when it came out.

Does Eye Of The North have any more professions or level caps?

No, Eye of the North is the only addition that is considered an expansion. It does not contain any additional professions or provide any additional character slots. It does privide some extra non-elite skills you can aquire and also more Hero's to aquire (I believe one of each profession). It is meant to be a high level area and continuation for your characters that have finished the other Campaigns.

EotN is the only expansion in the set, meaning it can not be played unless you own one of the other campaigns (Prophecies ,Factions, or Nightfalls).

There is no beginner area in EotN, which is nice. You basically take your fully leveled character the the new area thru a quest and go thru a HUGE story line involving 3 races (Norn, Asura, Ebon Vanguard). It's a more challenging gamplay.

No, Eye of the North is the only addition that is considered an expansion. It does not contain any additional professions or provide any additional character slots. It does privide some extra non-elite skills you can aquire and also more Hero's to aquire (I believe one of each profession). It is meant to be a high level area and continuation for your characters that have finished the other Campaigns.

EotN is the only expansion in the set, meaning it can not be played unless you own one of the other campaigns (Prophecies ,Factions, or Nightfalls).

There is no beginner area in EotN, which is nice. You basically take your level 10 or higher character the the new area thru a quest and go thru a HUGE story line involving 3 races (Norn, Asura, Ebon Vanguard). It's a more challenging gamplay.

corrected :D

EotN is also meant to be a pre-curser for GW2 I believe. correct me if I'm wrong. I also should probably play more.. Thinking about starting my own guild because I just cruise around guildless for now.

What is a good profession to go with my new Ranger. I am currently thinking Paragon.
Some thing where I can do both Ranged Attacks and support.

Guild Wars

I used to play this game religiously, mainly pvp but love the game for everything it has. Just wanted to see if their were any loyal fans to GW and if they wanted to buddy up and maybe start playin again. GW2 should be coming out within the next year hopefully...woot woot!

Re: Guild Wars

I too have over 2.5 years invested in the game, though I stopped playing over a year ago. It was a great game, but the community and player base has gone to crap IMHO. I think I spent the last .5 years playing almost completely solo. The only thing anyone does anymore is farm/grind. . .in a game that was intended to be a non-grinder. This is do to nearly most of the player base already have completed the campaigns, multiple times.

I would love to go back thru the campaigns with a new class, still have Rit, Dervish, and Mesmer classes I've never touched in PvE. Problem is there is no one left to play with thru the campaigns, so I would have to solo everything which is quite boring.

But I'd be down to do some missions and such, even if it's just another person and 6 hero's, that's more than I can get now days.

IGN: BlueHeaven Aero (not that I log in reguarly though).

Once GW2 comes out it will be better, as there will be new content to play thru, but as it stands now, GW1 is pretty much dead in the PvE aspect. I logged in the other night to maybe do an FoW run just for fun. I guess I'm now really out of touch with the current meta, people throwing around accronyms I have no clue what they mean. But it's all fast clear farming, no more balanced parties. And I can't understand why anyone needs to farm so much in a game where gold doesn't really buy anything?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom