GTA4 Tweak Guide: Easiest Way to Tweak GTA4 for PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: check and worked! Easiest way to unlock restrictions in GTA4 for PC!

hmm, ok thanks. i was just wondering cause i was going to be getting it soon. like tonight probably. i have heard it's a crappy port to the pc. and poorly coded.

I wish :(

But a dude maxed it out with 8800GT SLI and a Core i7 920.. (the game has no SLI Support)

Just the I7 helped his FPS a lot, a 9800GTX would be fine, but unless you superclock the crap out of your Q9300...

My rig does 20FPS-28FPS on Vista H.P.... its still playable.. kind off. (1440x900 Medium)

Thing is with GTA IV, you got to play around with the settings, b/c I get better performance at Medium than Low...

hmm well my q9300 is flaky, one day she will boot at 440fsb and then lock up immediately in to vista desktop and then the day after it will be stable for hours until i shut it down.

Still don't understand how some one maxed it out with SLI 8800 GT's.

Because GTA IV doesn't have SLI or Crossfire support yet........ I think.

he forced afr2 in the sli control panel which i tried and it some how worked if you where to see the video it is legit his sli indicator is almost maxing out lucky dog.

a tangent to the original topic, but can someone answer me what sense does it make for developers to restrict video settings in the game? Instead of locking the settings and giving people the hassle of trying to hack the game to get the settings they want, why not just put scary looking warnings recommending not selecting high settings for the system config? If people want to play on max settings with 2 fps...just let them sheesh

he forced afr2 in the sli control panel which i tried and it some how worked if you where to see the video it is legit his sli indicator is almost maxing out lucky dog.

SLI should be working with the latest Forceware, is it not?

a tangent to the original topic, but can someone answer me what sense does it make for developers to restrict video settings in the game? Instead of locking the settings and giving people the hassle of trying to hack the game to get the settings they want, why not just put scary looking warnings recommending not selecting high settings for the system config? If people want to play on max settings with 2 fps...just let them sheesh

IGN: Rockstar Talks GTA IV Technical Problems

IGN: So they're just all merged into the resolution? Ok so…

Jeronimo Barrera: I wish we could go back in time and name some of the settings a little bit differently because when people are playing it on medium, it's actually, I forget how many times higher resolution it is up from the console version, but it's quite significant.

Kevin Hoare: A lot of the settings when I was originally putting them in were based off of what I could actually squeeze into system memory and video memory. In some cases we're just seeing 2 GB video cards come out now. That'd be the only way to really get the absolute highest settings. You don't have to put the game at the highest settings to play it. It seems like a lot of people want to. When we were designing it it was with the intent of having future growth with the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom