GTA4 Tweak Guide: Easiest Way to Tweak GTA4 for PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm i havent tried this i only have 512mb anyway sli only uses memory from one card. i will force 1gb tho and see in the morning.

im having difficulty getting these tweaks to work...

wild i need your dedicated personel help!!!

Re: check and worked! Easiest way to unlock restrictions in GTA4 for PC!

i have updated the first post to make more sense on how to do this tweaking with the command line text document.

ive gotten a good fps boost actually. you loose performence if you put more vmem then you have so wild side you should be at 1gb

i now get good fps at high settings with no lag :D

ive gotten a good fps boost actually. you loose performence if you put more vmem then you have so wild side you should be at 1gb

i now get good fps at high settings with no lag :D

lol glad to hear that! I'm still tweaking with mine as we speak. Im actually gonna run benchmark again to see what fps average i get, the last one was with all the settings low.

EDIT:

i did auto configure n then benchmarked it. This is what i got:

Statistics
Average FPS: 12.57
Duration: 36.90 sec
CPU Usage: 90%
System memory usage: 84%
Video memory usage: 91%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1680 x 1050 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: High
Render Quality: High
View Distance: 32
Detail Distance: 69

Hardware
Microsoft® Windows Vista" Ultimate
Service Pack 1
Video Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2
Video Driver version: 7.14.10.630
Audio Adapter: Speakers (Creative SB X-Fi)
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+

File ID: benchmark.cli

i need the named changed for people who have GTA4 to get my tweak guide to be #1 searched or first listed. Right now my other tweak guide shows up and it isnt very good.

any mod, please change the name of this thread to GTA4 Tweak Guide: Easiest Way to Tweak GTA4 for PC, for all PC gamers sakes that look desperatly for ways to get better performance in GTA4 for PC.

any mod delete the old one PLEASE!:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f15/gta-4-tweaking-performance-fixing-issues-guide-194514/

@wildside how come you get horrible frames? is this game more intensive than crysis?

so how well will this run on my pc?

Its more intensive than Crysis because its ported badly

hmm will i be able to max it out? at 1680x1050

Philbar you are quite mistaken if you think for a second your system can max it out at 1680x1050, apparently this game is ridiculously demanding computer wise and not even a core i7 OCed with a gtx 280 can max the game out and not have huge drops in fps in certain areas ( various articles throughout the net that document this ). Wether this is because the game truly is demanding or poorly ported, whatever, that doesn't change the fact that its so demanding.

I'm thinking of just getting the game for the PS3 since its at very reduced prices and I recently got a PS3...I mean so much less hassle, plus the 2 background apps ( 3 if you have steam version ) that is required to be run in the background to play doesn't exactly help smooth things over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom