GTA V Discussion

Can't remember you exactly. I think you had a similar avatar. Not sure if you were the guy who would pop in GH every now again and say something worth readings.

But, people still promote the straight edge lifestyle like they did 5+ years ago? lol

Pretty much. I was also newer at my job at the time so I didn't really have as much free time to hop on more often, but that about sums it up lol. As for straight edge, nothing to do with the gamertag but now that I think about it I am pretty straight edged I guess, job kinda demands it.

Long story short, gamertag came from Halo 2 LAN parties in college. I was the best of the group because I played the most online, so I had the best knowledge of map layouts, weapon spawns, tricks like BXR with the battle rifle, etc. So whenever I jumped it someone would shout that their team "had the edge on the competion"

It turned into a nickname, stuck, and I ended up changing my gamertag to it.

Pretty much. I was also newer at my job at the time so I didn't really have as much free time to hop on more often, but that about sums it up lol. As for straight edge, nothing to do with the gamertag but now that I think about it I am pretty straight edged I guess, job kinda demands it.

Long story short, gamertag came from Halo 2 LAN parties in college. I was the best of the group because I played the most online, so I had the best knowledge of map layouts, weapon spawns, tricks like BXR with the battle rifle, etc. So whenever I jumped it someone would shout that their team "had the edge on the competion"

It turned into a nickname, stuck, and I ended up changing my gamertag to it.

Well, thanks for the story behind the name. I don't have a problem with straight edged people, but the ones that wear the brand on their sleeve are a bit annoying. Happy you're not one of them. I guess if I think about it I am pretty straight edge since I rarely drink and I don't do drugs. I have a friend who used to be insanely straight edge. He never advertised it, but he wouldn't take any sort of pills like tylenol or allergy medicine. He wouldn't eat food/sauce that had any sort of alcohol cooked in it. heh

-----

Anyways, GTA V is gonna rule. Its the first time that I know of where a developer has taken gameplay from a handful of their gaming catalog and incorporated it into a new game of theirs. Correct me if I am wrong. But, there's pieces of Midnight Club, Red Dead, GTA IV, GTA: SA, Max Payne, LA Noire and Table Tennis in GTA V and its very blatant.

As I am starting a new game in GTA IV after seeing the GTA V gameplay trailer I can see they already had the idea of just having a big bustling city with crazy detail in the works. They were just missing so much from San Andreas that didn't make it feel like a complete game. I am playing GTA IV and I miss so much from SA, but if I go to SA I miss so much from GTA IV.

This is Waffle Slayer btw. I can't remember what I used to go by on Game Hunters. Did I go by Rider? Oh well

I am leaning towards the 360 version because of you. I was hoping ajacks would want to get GTA V but he's being a hater.

So looks like you're my new BFF, Wes.

Well, this is awkward. Points to title

Well, this is awkward. Points to title

haha nice

For awhile I was known as Waffle Slayer on the internet via gaming. My xbox gamertag still says it even though I've transitioned to using my first name for just about everything.

Just hate the idea of spending $10 to change my gt. :/

haha nice

For awhile I was known as Waffle Slayer on the internet via gaming. My xbox gamertag still says it even though I've transitioned to using my first name for just about everything.

Just hate the idea of spending $10 to change my gt. :/

My title is that because of you. I used to lurk on GH and created an account here when everyone moved. Ajacks used to joke that I was you a lot, so I changed my title to that.

Every once in a while they have deals for $5 name changes I think.

My title is that because of you. I used to lurk on GH and created an account here when everyone moved. Ajacks used to joke that I was you a lot, so I changed my title to that.

Every once in a while they have deals for $5 name changes I think.

Nice. Yeah, I created this account right before the death of GH but totally forgot about the forums and didn't know where you guys went. Had to email ajacks yesterday and see what was up.

He probably still thinks you're me and I am you.

This is Waffle Slayer btw. I can't remember what I used to go by on Game Hunters. Did I go by Rider? Oh well

I am leaning towards the 360 version because of you. I was hoping ajacks would want to get GTA V but he's being a hater.

So looks like you're my new BFF, Wes.

Yeah I know who you is boss. Definitely buy it.on the 360. Not.only am I better than Ajizz but am I also more fun to game with yo.

Yeah I know who you is boss. Definitely buy it.on the 360. Not.only am I better than Ajizz but am I also more fun to game with yo.

Ya, leaning towards getting it on the 360. Which means I have to reup on XBL since it ends in Sept.

I am only really interested in doing Free Roam unless they do something crazy. But, I couldn't really get into the other mp modes in GTA IV besides Free Roam. Same with Red Dead.

Back
Top Bottom