Fallout 4 PCpc minimum and recommend

Its really hard to say, I know a lot of games they usually get it to run on practically any PC these days but some of the reccomended specs for some games is unrealistic.
I say just try it out and dont get into panic mode

It's still running Gamebryo isn't it? I'm guessing they added additional things on top of Gamebryo, which is increasing the recommended requirements.

I'm hoping my 960 will be good enough to run it on higher settings (I'm guessing it will, but I'll have to customize some things...and probably no high-res texture mods with only 2GB of VRAM).

So I've got good news and bad news. Seems the game should run fine with anybody around a 970/i5/i3 spec machine. Bad news is, no SLI support and stuck to single core which is typical of Creation. They should have ditched that engine and started with something better. Also, no DX12...ugh.

The Creation engine is known to predominantly use 2 cores max, and Fallout 4 has the same issue despite being DX11. I only have 1 core at 100% at all times while the rest screw around at 1-5% but largely unused. With the latest drivers and forced AR2 I was able to get the second GPU used but it doesn't increase performance much, which I suspected would be the issue.

Back
Top Bottom