F@H - Team TF Milestone Clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
^driver conflicts? then how come you can use a 260 and 8800gt?

I'll check that client out.... but it would probably be easier in the long run to just get a working smp client for windows.

Even if fahmon reads 7700ppd, thats what you would get for running the client 24/7.

By not running it all day your cutting the ppd down by a lot.

I have 2 machines running....... my sig rig, along with my 8600gts which won't fold on anything but 1 wu....So itsz my physics card

And my other rig which has my 8800gt all on a asus p5n-e 650i, e2180, 1gig crap ram, with a no-name psu which only has 2 power cables and a pci-e line, else I'd get the 8600 into it.

Thats how my 8800 runs.... btw 8/9600s get max 3k now... 511s criple it to 1100ppd.

Even if fahmon reads 7700ppd, thats what you would get for running the client 24/7.

By not running it all day your cutting the ppd down by a lot.

well it has been running all today, including the early morning, and it will be running probably until monday morning, minus several hours when i turn it off to game. If i leave it on i bsod. Actually, just trying to do normal computer tasks, not gaming, the gpu client slows it down to barely usable.

I get the same issues too, I find either the 260 doesn't like multi-tasking, or the drivers don't. I use to have no troubles with my 8800gt on stock.

I'll pause if i'm going to be hard gaming, but if not... or working with blue print drawings, I'll drop the cpu down to 85%ish and it'll be good.

I only play nwn2, so its not to intense.

crashes with the gpu client??

weird, ive never had any crashes with it. i know smp can lock up systems due to an unstable oc though.

I dont have any of those issues, i can even game while folding.

Best part is i can disable sli, run the client on the second core and game only on the first.

Still leaves me with GTX 280 performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom