Enterainment System Help & Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

nat953

Beta member
Hello-

So am I considering updating my entertainment system but am having some trouble finding solutions for what I am trying to achieve. I want to be able to watch movies from my PC on my plasma TV and the audio transmitted through wireless speakers throughout my 2 bedroom apartment. The Plasma will also be connected to a cable box and I would like to be able to hear the audio on the same speakers. My office is in the next room so I would like to have my computer monitor, keyboard and mouse in that room without running cables.

Basically, I am looking from a multi input wireless speaker system, wireless VGA adapter, and wireless keyboard and mouse but all need to be able to go through one wall.

Anyone have experience with any such products or any other ideas?

Any help would be much appreciated.

All the best,
Nathanial

how much money can you spend on this project? Do you have any brand preferences?

I don't think you want a wireless vga adapter. there are better ways to do that part of it. If you can find an old xbox (first gen) then you can mod it a little and install xbox media center, or that software that has a name close to that that works really well for this type of work. Or google "popcorn hour" and they have some great products to stream things. I actually have a very low powered pc that just sits under my big tv and I use it as a downloading server and to play media. You can also get a remote control reciever thing (IF?) and then use a remote to control the media. Anyway, need more info to help you out more.

Thank you for your help so far. My budget for this project is between $3-5k and no I don't have a brand preference.

I was planning on having one computer run everything (itunes, DVDs, stream movies from net, home office stuff....ect.) and then I could run the VGA, mouse and keyboard cables to the next room, which is the office. That would eliminate the wireless adapters.

One of the biggest problems I am finding is the wireless speaker solution. Seems nobody makes a good wireless speaker system out there. I was hoping I could have one set of wireless speakers play everything, computer and TV, throughout my apartment.

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this.
I would say it would be much*** easier if you used a streaming box or something connected to your TV instead of long cables. Then you don't have to worry about changing around the monitor settings and things when your tv isn't on and it would be cleaner in general. As far as operation, not looks (if you ran them through a wall). the popcorn hour box works really well, I have seen people use it many times.

I dont' know a whole lot about sound quality and all that but I know logitech makes a wireless speaker system that can handle multiple inputs.

Are you interested in using your pc on the big screen? or just the movies and such

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom