Digital Future Sucks

The guys that worked at the Gamestop where I used to live weren't bad, but this new area is closer to the city and a little more uptight about stupid crap. I've only been going there as of late because of the gift card and all of the coupons I've been printing out thanks to points racked up over the last five years or so.

The best part is that when all of that is exhausted, Best Buy is right across the street.

lol Best Buy is just as bad to me. The two BBs in Memphis are horribly run. Maybe they're different across the country. Actually, I recall the BB in Pasadena, CA being pretty alright but that was like 15 years ago.

lol Best Buy is just as bad to me. The two BBs in Memphis are horribly run. Maybe they're different across the country. Actually, I recall the BB in Pasadena, CA being pretty alright but that was like 15 years ago.

Sucks for you, I've never had a single issue or annoyance with Best Buy, for any purchase in any of their stores. They've also even gone out of there way at times to price match me better deals that I wasn't aware of.

Could be a local thing though like you said.

I will never understand what people hate so much about gamestop everyone I go to around me the people are friendly and they always have my game I pre order

Best Buy for me is hit or miss, but always better than any Gamestop where I am. I do most of my pre-orders through Amazon. In fact, the only reason I don't is if there is a really good incentive somewhere else. The midnight release thing doesn't interest me at all. I'd rather take the Wednesday following off, so I can play Tuesday evening and night and then all day Wednesday if I was inclined.

I will never understand what people hate so much about gamestop everyone I go to around me the people are friendly and they always have my game I pre order

It is impossible to just walk in, buy a game, and walk out without having to wait in line forever, squeeze by customers in narrow aisles because there's advertising everywhere, hear anything because the Gamestop tv show is blasting, or be hounded to death by the cashier to preorder stuff or buy the game you picked used instead of new.

I've had them sell my preorder on me because I wasn't there at midnight. I've been in line to buy a PS2 they had on hold for me, for them to give it to someone else who walked in because the PS2 they bought stopped working and was under warranty.

It is impossible to ask the person a question about a game unless they can pull up some corporate advertising line they're supposed to say. Bunch of drones work there.

It is impossible to just walk in, buy a game, and walk out without having to wait in line forever, squeeze by customers in narrow aisles because there's advertising everywhere, hear anything because the Gamestop tv show is blasting, or be hounded to death by the cashier to preorder stuff or buy the game you picked used instead of new.

I've had them sell my preorder on me because I wasn't there at midnight. I've been in line to buy a PS2 they had on hold for me, for them to give it to someone else who walked in because the PS2 they bought stopped working and was under warranty.

It is impossible to ask the person a question about a game unless they can pull up some corporate advertising line they're supposed to say. Bunch of drones work there.
I have never had any of those problems

They are shady as all hell. Trade values won't agree with website, they will try to charge you a fee to refurbish used games that you are trading that are in mint condition, sell used games off the rack as new, "forget" bonus trade multipliers.offered on certain purchases, etc. It is always something new everytime I go in there.

They are shady as all hell. Trade values won't agree with website, they will try to charge you a fee to refurbish used games that you are trading that are in mint condition, sell used games off the rack as new, "forget" bonus trade multipliers.offered on certain purchases, etc. It is always something new everytime I go in there.

I dont trade games and only buy new games if I am buying a day oner

Back
Top Bottom