COD Advanced Warfare

That is what it looks like to me too. Titanfall and Battlefield crossed. Only throw in the lag comp from CoD and you have yourself an amazingly shiny, polished turd.

Lag comp really is a necessary evil though. Otherwise insane Internet speeds and folks located close to servers would dominate matches. It has been worse with recent MW games though.

Lag comp really is a necessary evil though. Otherwise insane Internet speeds and folks located close to servers would dominate matches. It has been worse with recent MW games though.

Not disagreeing here, but I think if you have fast internet that you shouldn't be penalized for it. If your internet sucks, you know it and should probably not buy games like this. It could also be done better. Battlefield 4 has it and it is not noticeable for me.

Not disagreeing here, but I think if you have fast internet that you shouldn't be penalized for it. If your internet sucks, you know it and should probably not buy games like this. It could also be done better. Battlefield 4 has it and it is not noticeable for me.

Without a doubt it should be done better but I disagree about rewarding players based on Internet speed in lieu of skill. Battlefield 4 was pretty bad though.

Without a doubt it should be done better but I disagree about rewarding players based on Internet speed in lieu of skill. Battlefield 4 was pretty bad though.

I'm not saying to reward anyone. In fact, if anything, they are rewarding people with **** connections right now. All I'm saying is that they should make it so that you need to have a minimum connection to play online. If you don't have it, too bad. Either that or make lobbies for people with slow connections and don't allow them to join the lobbies with standard connections.

Or, you know, just bring back dedicated servers / server browser instead of this match-making BS...

I'm not saying to reward anyone. In fact, if anything, they are rewarding people with **** connections right now. All I'm saying is that they should make it so that you need to have a minimum connection to play online. If you don't have it, too bad. Either that or make lobbies for people with slow connections and don't allow them to join the lobbies with standard connections.

I agree with this. LCD for connection speeds should be step 1 on matchmaking. Dedicated servers aren't a perfect solution either as seen with BF4.

I agree with this. LCD for connection speeds should be step 1 on matchmaking. Dedicated servers aren't a perfect solution either as seen with BF4.

Dedicated servers for games were around way before BF4. BF4 just had ****ty netcode and bad implementation with dedicated servers.

CoD4 had dedicated servers (on PC at least)...then they took them away in MW2. Other games followed suit.

Dedicated servers for games were around way before BF4. BF4 just had ****ty netcode and bad implementation with dedicated servers.

CoD4 had dedicated servers (on PC at least)...then they took them away in MW2. Other games followed suit.

For whatever reason, MW2 either worked flawlessly for me or it was a lagfest. That was the last CoD game I played that I didn't have major lag comp issues. Destiny has the same problem right now. I'm was running at 50MbPS+ and ran into issues all of the time in that game. Everyone I know has the same problems. For Christ's sake, it is 2014! Can't we play online without issue the majority of the time?

this would eliminate most players on the globe though

Back
Top Bottom