Blizzard makes millions on Sparkly ponies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

office politics

It's all just 1s and 0s
How Blizzard Made a Million Dollars in 2 Hours with Sparkly Ponies

Enter the best money-making idea I've seen in a while: the Celestial Steed. It's a sparkly pony. That flies. And it doesn't take endless hours of grinding to obtain – just a credit card number (and a willingness to part with $25). Within a couple of hours of going on sale on April 15, the queue number (since you have to wait in line to purchase) indicates that Blizzard made a million dollars in the first couple of hours. Apparently there's already at least 140,000 or so trotting around Azeroth.

Hats off to Blizzard. Doesn't take a genius too know that WoW nerds will fork out $25 for this stupid crap.

Hats off to Blizzard. Doesn't take a genius too know that WoW nerds will fork out $25 for this stupid crap.

And if it was for the fact that WoW is not making enough money already with 10 millions players x $14.95 per month. If WoW nerds are going to spend hours ontop of hours just to get a useless pug dog that does nothing, I am sure that they are willing to spend $25 on more useless items.

Can we name these sparkly pony? Can we name him Charlieeeeeeee.

Chaaaaaaaaaaarlie hahaha. I remember I showed you that video last year. I am sure the fact that they didn't have to grind for it and could just buy was a major plus. Except it's not a plus. It's a stupid.

I am sure the fact that they didn't have to grind for it and could just buy was a major plus. Except it's not a plus. It's a stupid.

Could be worse. You could be grinding for hours for a stupid pug dog that does absolutly nothing

wow_pie_chart.jpg

Chaaaaaaaaaaarlie hahaha. I remember I showed you that video last year.
ANd there is parts 2, 3 and 4.

Yeah I watched them all. Silly stuff...it's weird to think about what's going on in the creator's mind. That and the minds of most Adult Swim stuff hehe.

I ended up giving WoW a go on their trial thing a couple of months ago, gave it about 2 hours. It was crap. I actually tried to get into it but I just couldn't...I didn't like it and it wasn't fast enough for me. Just really boring. Most MMO's are boring to me though no matter how much I try.

$14.95/month for 10million+ players

$10 for name change

$25 for a stupid pony

$25 to change realms

$?? to change race (can't remember how much)

$20-40 for each of those 10million+ players every time an expansion is released

I'm sure there are a bunch of other things that you're charged for involving WoW. I bet blizzard is loving it, their never ending cash cow lol.

I'd probably play this game if I didn't have to pay a monthly bill along with it. I payed around $30 for the game I shouldn't have to pay another $15 a month to play it. $15 a month adds up fast; $180 after one year, $360 after two, $540 after three. Too much money for me to be spending on a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom