Activision Finds New Way to Monetize 'Call of Duty'

Status
Not open for further replies.
The deal is, you pay $20 a year to access the DLC. You won't be able to out right purchase it anymore. You will only be allowed access to it if you pay the $20 a year. Once your subscription runs out, you no longer get access to the DLC maps.

If you're going to be buying more than one map pack, that is actually a good deal.

I would have to agree, although the preliminary reports I read stated 8-15$ a month. All hear say until release I suppose... For BF content it would be a good deal at 20/year though. They tend to release ALOT of new content.. COD:MW2 was charging what 15$ a map pack?

It may be $20 a month.

I did just read that you may still buy the stand alone map packs for $15 a piece but you will not get access to the elite leader boards and stats.

Honestly though, I think this needs to be free if they want to compete with BF. They're going to need to bring in the big guns.

It may be $20 a month.

I did just read that you may still buy the stand alone map packs for $15 a piece but you will not get access to the elite leader boards and stats.
That would be the biggest rip off in gaming history. -_-

Interesting. Signed for beta and I'll try it but we'll see.

I'll post this to news.

Yea, they sent me an email about signing up for the beta so I went ahead and did as well. Do not know for sure if I will be doing it but it does look kinda cool. Not sure if its worth another month fee for me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom