BF3 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BF3 Unofficial Tech-Forums Clan

So I figure. But a beta is a beta at the end of the day. 41% down...

17-24 FPS at preset vid settings /sigh lol

HD4850 at 700/1200 guess its time for an upgrade

edit
guess preset was pretty high. thought they would have it at med or something.

medium settings are just so not good as ultra lol

hehe my 5850 is at 1GHz and I'm not happy.....even if it is an old card it still holds its own pretty well in all games except this one. :(

I would like 2 560 ti 2gbs in SLI

yeah.. and i changed everything to med then low and its about 19-35 for low and 19-24 on med. idk if its just lag on the server or thats how hardcore the games gonna be =P

OK, it installed. :D

I didn't mess with any settings. Heck, I don't even know where they are yet. The game looked good enough, even too good for me. Like kmanmx said, it can be hard to tell friend from foe from afar. I used to play BF2 with the graphics purposefully lower for just this kind of thing so I may give it a whirl with BF3 too.

OK, it installed. :D

I didn't mess with any settings. Heck, I don't even know where they are yet. The game looked good enough, even too good for me. Like kmanmx said, it can be hard to tell friend from foe from afar. I used to play BF2 with the graphics purposefully lower for just this kind of thing so I may give it a whirl with BF3 too.

Glad it's not just me. I don't really see how they can fix it though. You can't give one team a bright orange uniform exactley, that would give them an unfair disadvantage. And i don't want some stupid spotting overlay on them constantly so i know that they're enemy. I think i'm just going to have to learn how to spot the difference better.

I want to play it now, but my family is downloading :(

What does every one think of the beta? I have it installed on the PC and Xbox. Still not sure which one I will buy it for honestly. I have more friends on Xbox that I've known for years that will play it however I prefer PC. Tough choice really.

What is with players being able to go prone and only their head and gun stick out of some cover. I know this is a beta but I have never played such a buggy beta. This seems like a alpha then a beta version, seriously! There are times when I cannot scope, so I have to fire off a round or two, reload and then scope. People under maps, half way in between some cover. The whole black screen before you spawn on your team mates is a unfair advantage. Those that are on the field can see you before you can see the screen! I know you have the option of where you spawn but that 1 second of black screen matters.

Is there an advantage of going with Nvidia over ATI? I'm going to rebuild a new rig soon, was considering going with Nvidia. Seems like I always see that card recommend for most PC games. I've always been a firm believe in you get what you pay for and I know Nvidia cost more, wonder where that extra cost benefits me.

I split the discussion on the beta itself into a separate thread from the clan discussion.

Well... After playing it for a weekend.. I will be removing Origin and BF3 from my computer. I don't want another service running in the background and BF3 has yet to really impress me..

Minecraft will hold me over until Skyrim is released :tongue:

What does every one think of the beta? I have it installed on the PC and Xbox. Still not sure which one I will buy it for honestly. I have more friends on Xbox that I've known for years that will play it however I prefer PC. Tough choice really.

What is with players being able to go prone and only their head and gun stick out of some cover. I know this is a beta but I have never played such a buggy beta. This seems like a alpha then a beta version, seriously! There are times when I cannot scope, so I have to fire off a round or two, reload and then scope. People under maps, half way in between some cover. The whole black screen before you spawn on your team mates is a unfair advantage. Those that are on the field can see you before you can see the screen! I know you have the option of where you spawn but that 1 second of black screen matters.

Is there an advantage of going with Nvidia over ATI? I'm going to rebuild a new rig soon, was considering going with Nvidia. Seems like I always see that card recommend for most PC games. I've always been a firm believe in you get what you pay for and I know Nvidia cost more, wonder where that extra cost benefits me.

Nvidia tends to get there name behind games a bit more.. apart from that theres no distinct advanatage. Some games run better on nVidia, some on AMD. Right now nvidia is making the best cards (560/70/80), no doubt in a years time AMD will be making the best cards and everyone will buy them cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom