ATI price cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait!!!!

"I misread CJ information yesterday night. The correct interpretation should be GeForce GTX 260 to get even cheaper at US$179, a further reduction of $20 from US$199. AMD is probably going to react to the GTX 260 price cut as well for their Radeon HD 4870 cards. Price war is certainly good for consumers, bad for AMD and worse for Nvidia."

[EDIT] GeForce GTX 260 to get even cheaper at US$179 - VR-Zone.com: News and Reviews

thanks...
and I was just about to order the XFX model

XFX GX260NADFF GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

but I guess I can wait a couple weeks

Wait!!!!

"I misread CJ information yesterday night. The correct interpretation should be GeForce GTX 260 to get even cheaper at US$179, a further reduction of $20 from US$199. AMD is probably going to react to the GTX 260 price cut as well for their Radeon HD 4870 cards. Price war is certainly good for consumers, bad for AMD and worse for Nvidia."

[EDIT] GeForce GTX 260 to get even cheaper at US$179 - VR-Zone.com: News and Reviews

Newegg.com - EVGA 896-P3-1260-TR GeForce GTX 260 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
Newegg.com - SPARKLE SXX260896D3S-HP GeForce GTX 260+ Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

yup, 179 for the 260 is a pretty good deal.

cheapest i am seeing the 4870's @ the egg are

Newegg.com - HIS Hightech H487FN512P Radeon HD 4870 512MB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards (512mb)
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100259-1GL Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards (1GB)

all of thes are good deals imo! since both of these cards are just very nice!

then we have the gts 250 @ 129
Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-1150-TR GeForce GTS 250 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
very interesting

Prices are so sweet but yet we have a poor economy. I can't even afford to build anything right now. With my luck once I get on my feet again, prices will sky rocket.

Dude.. are you trying to steal my luck? Lol.

I lucked out actually. I haven't gotten me anything for.. um... years that wasn't "needed" no new games (save Fallout 3.. cuz.. I am an addict to Fallout) no new systems, no new TV, console, shoes, clothes, etc.

Now I splurge and spend roughly $1,600 US on my new system. Then I'll go back and get things under control for this stupid economy problems.

I consider it balance. Now for the next few years I will have a computer that can compete with the fragging.

Dude.. are you trying to steal my luck? Lol.

I lucked out actually. I haven't gotten me anything for.. um... years that wasn't "needed" no new games (save Fallout 3.. cuz.. I am an addict to Fallout) no new systems, no new TV, console, shoes, clothes, etc.

Now I splurge and spend roughly $1,600 US on my new system. Then I'll go back and get things under control for this stupid economy problems.

I consider it balance. Now for the next few years I will have a computer that can compete with the fragging.

Try having to sell your system and and be left w/ absolutely nothing. I even had to sell my beloved Lian Li v2000 which is discontinued and I can't even purchase it again if I wanted to.

Try having to sell your system and and be left w/ absolutely nothing. I even had to sell my beloved Lian Li v2000 which is discontinued and I can't even purchase it again if I wanted to.

when is the price cut going to happen?

neweggs cheapest 4870 is still 169 while the gts 200 is 129 and the gtx 260 is 179 (all prices are the cheapest found not the average)

Well that's still in ATI's favor as the 4870 is faster than the gtx260. As for the gts200, who cares?

but its the same price as when this tread was created.

there hasnt been any price cuts yet?

only the nvidia line has reduced their prices from what i have seen @ newegg

still the cheapest 4870 1gb is $190

where is the price cuts? i want to see them so nvidia does the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom