ATI price cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another price cut

It seems the price cut is never ending and it is of course good news to consumers. CJ told us that AMD is going to have another round of price cut on its Radeon HD 4870 1GB card from US$199 to US$179. As such, HD 4870 1GB will be some US$20 cheaper than its intented competitor, GeForce GTX 260 which had its price cut only recently from US$239 to $199.

AMD Radeon HD 4870 to receive another round of price cut - VR-Zone.com: News and Reviews

Yeah, close to a year ago when I bought my card a 8800gt was $170 and back then it seemed like amazing performance for the money.

Prices are so sweet but yet we have a poor economy. I can't even afford to build anything right now. With my luck once I get on my feet again, prices will sky rocket.

ATI has a solid advantage. Since Anandtech showed that the 4870 1gig was clearly faster than the gtx 260 core 216, a lower price makes it a no brainier. You would be nuts to recommend one unless it was on sale for less than a 4870 1gig.

Wait!!!!

"I misread CJ information yesterday night. The correct interpretation should be GeForce GTX 260 to get even cheaper at US$179, a further reduction of $20 from US$199. AMD is probably going to react to the GTX 260 price cut as well for their Radeon HD 4870 cards. Price war is certainly good for consumers, bad for AMD and worse for Nvidia."

[EDIT] GeForce GTX 260 to get even cheaper at US$179 - VR-Zone.com: News and Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom