Assassin's Creed

I beat Unity over the weekend. Probably the worst and most anti-climatic ending to an AC game to date. You can see what's going to happen from a mile away, and somehow Ubisoft managed to release a full, AAA game on a new gen console and did not move the plot of the series a fraction of an inch from start to finish.

Last edited:
I beat Unity over the weekend. Probably the worst and most anti-climatic ending to an AC game to date. You can see what's going to happen from a mile away, and somehow Ubisoft managed release a full, AAA game on a new gen console and did not move the plot of the series a fraction of an inch from start to finish.

I started playing co op online a lot and got top notch items before way too early.
I love the graphics and the game play has improved however the story didn't really get to me.
I will finish it though and then get back to AC1 and finish that
then maybe get Rogue when it comes out on pc and get that.
My wife will be going home for about a month so I'll have plenty of time to catch up!

The gameplay was improved, but the storyline is mainly why I play these games, and this did nothing for me. People always bury AC3 for it's obvious flaws, but I managed to semi-enjoy it because I found the setting and the historical figures in the game interesting.

With Unity, the only historical figure that peaked any interest of mine was Napoleon. He does quietly obtain something of note, but it's more a cameo and a nod to long time AC players that know the lore of the series; his actual role in Unity's story is limited at best.

I honestly felt like I was going through the motions, and just kept going because I was hoping that there would be some sort of payoff in the end, even if it was another classic AC cliffhanger ending. We didn't even get that, it just ended, and the plot never advanced at any point during the game. Anyone can finish Black Flag, skip Unity outright, and play Victory when it releases this November and we would all be on the same page as far as the story is concerned.

I think the most enjoyable thing that I took away from it was the absurd amount of hilarious glitches that I captured via game DVR. I may upload them all to YouTube tonight and share them with you guys because some of them are gems, and things that I never expected to encounter while playing a game.

Last edited:
hah, that is embarrassing how they had so many glitches.
I actually really enjoyed AC3.
I think sometimes it helps ignoring reviews/ critics and just playing the game.
Sometimes when I look into a game too much before playing it, it ruins it for me.
Same goes when I do that towards a movie

As I said before. If you liked ac pirates you'll like rogue

Sent from my iPhone using tiny buttons. Sorry for the misspellings. Busy managing Dragon Age's terrible inventory system.

As I said before. If you liked ac pirates you'll like rogue

Sent from my iPhone using tiny buttons. Sorry for the misspellings. Busy managing Dragon Age's terrible inventory system.

Sweet
Looking fwd to the PC release, will make sure NOT to pre order and wait for reviews on the performance

Back
Top Bottom