Any way to download Xbox Live dlc without the dash update?

Veraster

In Runtime
I have an Xbox that I would like to get Halo Reach dlc on. The only problem is that when you sign into Xbox Live, it makes you update to Microsoft's newest dash or kicks you out.
This is a problem because I'm going to reset glitch hack it after I get the map pack. A new MS dash will either make that impossible or require me to buy something expensive from Australia. Note that I only use and will only this modded console for legal purposes and not for pirating anything.
So can I download that dlc somehow without the update or not? I don't want to try it and make my expensive, currently hackable xbox become un hackable crap.

Last edited:
I'm no expert but wanted to throw a suggeston/idea out there.

You think maybe using a USB as a memory card and getting what you need (game title update + dlc) and transfering it over to your xbox would work?

Might have a license issue afterwards but if you buy it off a friends xbox ans save it to you're flashdrive... possible you'll be able to access it regardless.

I have an Xbox that I would like to get Halo Reach dlc on. The only problem is that when you sign into Xbox Live, it makes you update to Microsoft's newest dash or kicks you out.
This is a problem because I'm going to reset glitch hack it after I get the map pack. A new MS dash will either make that impossible or require me to buy something expensive from Australia. Note that I only use and will only this modded console for legal purposes and not for pirating anything.
So can I download that dlc somehow without the update or not? I don't want to try it and make my expensive, currently hackable xbox become un hackable crap.
Last time I checked this glitch hack is made to run custom CD. If you already have a flashed console and don't have a separate box to download the pack from then just download an older dash to USB, update to download content, reflash to older dash. And if you manage to find the original gray dash for fat Xbox let me know.

Last time I checked this glitch hack is made to run custom CD. If you already have a flashed console and don't have a separate box to download the pack from then just download an older dash to USB, update to download content, reflash to older dash. And if you manage to find the original gray dash for fat Xbox let me know.
So I have two consoles. One isn't RGH'd. I happened to figure out that it's a Corona v2 and has dash 14699 which is RGH able. Since these RGH able Coronas are hard to come by I plan to RGH it. I just need to get some dlc for it first somehow without MS patching the hackable dash.
I didn't know you could reflash to a lower dash after MS updates it. I thought that after it exceeds version 14719, the console is hack proof.

Sometimes I wish I didn't hook my Halo 3 console up to the internet... Kind of miss having the Halo 3 theme and sounds on it. :(

Back
Top Bottom