500K Players in First Week for Warhammer Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
500K Players in First Week for Warhammer Online

The Armies have assembled and the Worldwide WAAAGH! is Underway! Mythic Entertainment, an Electronic Arts Inc. studio, announced that in the first week since launch over 500,000 new players have registered for fantasy MMORPG, Warhammer(R) Online: Age of Reckoning(TM) (WAR), in North America, Europe and the Oceanic territories. EA's most highly pre-ordered PC title, WAR has now become the fastest-selling new MMO of all time.

Blizzard is now kissing their arses good bye as we speak.

uh no...their worth 1.1 billion and their stock only goes higher and higher. WoW has 10 million subscribers in comparison, and trust me Warhammer wil never be as popular as WoW ( you can quote me on saying that btw ). I don't play MMORPGs, but I'm pretty confident Blizzard is in good shape with Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 on the way.

uh no...their worth 1.1 billion and their stock only goes higher and higher. WoW has 10 million subscribers in comparison, and trust me Warhammer wil never be as popular as WoW ( you can quote me on saying that btw ). I don't play MMORPGs, but I'm pretty confident Blizzard is in good shape with Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 on the way.

Um no. WoW probably has around 2-3 million active subscribers with 10 million total subscribers, that includes free trials and gold spam accounts. Warhammer obliterates WoW in almost every way, even when i first played WoW i didn't have the same experience as i had when first playing Warhammer. Warhammer is in a league of its own.

As for Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2, I'm sure they will both be great games and do very well.

Um no. WoW probably has around 2-3 million active subscribers with 10 million total subscribers, that includes free trials and gold spam accounts. Warhammer obliterates WoW in almost every way, even when i first played WoW i didn't have the same experience as i had when first playing Warhammer. Warhammer is in a league of its own.

As for Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2, I'm sure they will both be great games and do very well.

QFT. Everything that is wrong with WoW, Mythic totally nailed in Warhammer. I really do think as time goes on, Warhammer is going to take the crown for the top MMORPG.

I can't believe your even arguing this...if you want to boast impressive records, WoW expansion is the fastest selling game for a 24 time frame. Keep in mind WoW is many years old which means 3 active million subscribers is VERY impressive, Warhammer is BRAND spanking new which obviously means it will get more attention. It will never reach 3 million active subscribers, because not only is it not as popular as WoW, but because people are getting more and more tired of mmorpgs as they play more and more of them, especially since they require so much time. In terms of arguing which game is better, heck I dont know since I dont play mmorpgs ( which also helps since Im not bias on either ), but I do know that WoW has a better metascore.

The funny thing is, the next expansion is actually going to push a lot of people towards warhammer. Blizzard is ****ing off A LOT of people right now with the crap they are doing. As long as warhammer keeps up with the updates/fixes i see it actually taking off and stealing a lot of people from wow. Blizzard is basically forcing EVERYONE into the arena crap when WOTLK comes around and theres a bunch of folks who arent pleased. Me personally i'll probably turn my toons into pure PVE in wow and use warhammer for pvp'ing.

To be honest, Warhammer should not have been Meta criticed yet as it was only just released. They should have given it a month or so to fix some issues and then given it a review. Also the 1up review is rubbish and the guy doesn't know what he is talking about, he doesn't even give it a review.

Personally i would give this game a 95-100 (probably not 100, but close to).

If what vee said happens and they keep it up to date and running as good as it is, I'm certain this could overtake wow if people give it half a chance.

i see this thread turning into one great big ***** fight i'll stay out of it than.other way both warhammer and wow is going to rake in a bit of money for the developer's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom