1TB Disks This Year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well basically what I'm refering to is the idea that, say, you like to listen to music. And you have something like iTunes, and you've paid for a crapload of it. You don't have to store it all locally, because with Internet speeds that are fast enough, you could instantaniously download whatever song you click on.

1TB? I'm still stuck with my old 20GB hard drive. But it's only half-filled so I guess i'm still alright. I reckon 1TB hard drives are still about three to five years off from now, even though you can buy an external one that has the same capacity already.

I just bought 300GB and a 160GB disk about 1 month ago. In total I have 580GB now, and it's getting used very rapidly. I guess I will need more space in late 2006.

Yeah, it doesn't take long to use it up.....I haven't forked out for new HDDs.

Does the industry not realise it needs to move on.....especially as people will be keeping DVD movies, music, recorded TV (be it sport, films, etc) on their hard drives, which is my preference to lots of media.

I know they are releasing HD machines for TVs, but us techies will prefer it on our PCs, and will be able to send it to our TVs (even though I haven't done this yet, but know it can be done), thus eliminating the need for the new expensive HD machine.

Does that make sense?

1 TB disks?

the only place i have seen anything close to that, is dell offering 2 500GB HD's, which totalls out to 1TB.

well,imagine smaller high density disks,they don't have to be a TB. they can be cheaper,and will have an impact on the portable PCs more than anything. with 64 bit in the future,programs will become larger and the new disks will be nice. personally,I think they should do away with the hard disk, and go to another technology such as a large capacity flash memory module. something like this would have almost instant access times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom