1TB Disks This Year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a rig with 3 160GB drives and an 8GB system drive. The system drive is 1/2 full, and the 160GBs are at 40-60% each. And I plan to fill them completely, get a RAID 5 card, and have a bank of 360GBs, or something...=P

I download movies/music and have had store ~200GB onto DVD in the past year.
Although there are new larger harddrives, it would take no time to have these filled. Internet downloading speeds, and movie filesizes are all increasing, so we will soon require hard drives of much greater proportions..........I feel that the advancement of hard drive technology has fallen way behind internet speeds etc.
Comments please.........
Any other ideas for file storage??

Acctually, if internet connection speeds get high enough, it may become the fashion to store everything remotely, in massive central databases, and get at everything over our terrabit connections. Wouldn't THAT be neat? Then, in theory , you wouldn't need to have huge local data drives, you could just store everything remotely.

I would prefer to store my stuff on my own PC too.
Especially preferring not to have to pay, which is highly likely in the event of this remote storage idea, a third party periodically to store it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom