Playstation 4

I would love to be able to play Socom 2 on today's network connections. That was the main problem with the game back when it came out. Unless you had an elite connection there was lag 75% of the time.

Psh, I played it on dial-up and did alright :p.

As long as it supports LAN connections is all I'm hoping for lol.

Oh man, if this is true its going to be amazing. I can finally go unhook my PS2, and store it away. If they put back limited support of online titles even better.

Oh man, if this is true its going to be amazing. I can finally go unhook my PS2, and store it away. If they put back limited support of online titles even better.

Eggs- forking- zactly, Ghost. This "rumor"is reportedly coming from a source that is currently working on the Playstation Now tech. This could be absolutely amazing. It will also present a solution for all backward compatibility for future systems.

Eggs- forking- zactly, Ghost. This "rumor"is reportedly coming from a source that is currently working on the Playstation Now tech. This could be absolutely amazing. It will also present a solution for all backward compatibility for future systems.

Well there's already PS1/PS2 emulators on PC... and since the PS4 is basically a PC running a custom Linux-based OS.... They just have to port over the emulator, tweak for performance, and get games working on it.

And since it's an official emulator...then I would imagine games they release should work fairly flawlessly.

....games they release should work fairly flawlessly.

That is an interesting point. When I read the article I assumed that you would run the emulator and have to use a physical copy of the game from your library. They made no mention about whether the games would need to be downloaded or purchased digitally or if a physical copy would be needed to play.

That is an interesting point. When I read the article I assumed that you would run the emulator and have to use a physical copy of the game from your library. They made no mention about whether the games would need to be downloaded or purchased digitally or if a physical copy would be needed to play.

I kinda figured it would be digitally downloaded from the PS Store to prevent piracy.

Well there's already PS1/PS2 emulators on PC... and since the PS4 is basically a PC running a custom Linux-based OS.... They just have to port over the emulator, tweak for performance, and get games working on it.

And since it's an official emulator...then I would imagine games they release should work fairly flawlessly.

That would be pretty epic. It makes more sense from Sonys perspective to do this rather than incorporate backwards compatibility into consoles.

Back
Top Bottom