What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

I was thinking what does the HD4000 have to do with it, then I remembered you wanted to use that crappy Optimus crap.

Well, ideally I just want HD4000 plus a relatively weak discrete GPU. But I won't complain about having the extra GPU power, I can make use of it.

Where has he said what he's doing ?

I've not needed a powerful pc at all for my Microsoft Hardware / Cisco Networking course.

When I was taking my CompSci classes and such I always bought gaming PC's. That way if I needed the extra power, it was there and I wasn't stuck like everyone else :cool:

Preorder went live at exactly 8am. Tried the Apple Store App on my phone, but the buy button kept timing out due to server overload. Hit up Apple.com/uk on my iPhone (I was on my way to an exam center for my CompTIA A+ Exam, Passed!) and after 2 or 3 tries got my order through. Received my order confirmation by 8:10am and card was charged shortly after :D All went smoothly. Delivery day is the 21st Sep, but the date slipped back 2 weeks withing 40 minutes of preorders going live :eek:

It's a really weird experience paying for an iPhone with entirely my own money :p
g4P0

And yes, £529 is $856, which is more expensive than the top 64GB model in the US.
****ing **** prices over here, but oh well

Last edited:

Jesus Christ, $856 dollars.... I only paid $250 for mine, albeit it was on contract.
The preorder here went live ~12:05 am (stayed up because I have no school tomorrow! Only work)

Screen%20Shot%202012-09-14%20at%206.14.04%20AM.png

Bought that and a second cable / charger.

If I had to choose between an iPhone 5 unlocked at $850 and a Galaxy Nexus unlocked at $350... I'd be sticking with my Galaxy Nexus.

EDIT: Image should be fixed

Last edited:

Jesus christ, you guys are dropping a grand on a piece of whats basically old technology, with a new fancy port and a slightly longer screen. No wonder Apple is loving that profit, especially with that little adapter thats like $30.

Mine was $250 ;) And I don't have any previous iDevices right now so I'm starting new with just the new cable :tongue:

So, you are saying that they are shipping those with a USB cable? Could have sworn the new interface was that thunderbolt b/s and that you had to purchase an additional cable/adapter?

So, you are saying that they are shipping those with a USB cable? Could have sworn the new interface was that thunderbolt b/s and that you had to purchase an additional cable/adapter?

It's a new connector called lighting, iDevices aren't powerful enough to support an actual thunderbolt port.

Back
Top Bottom