What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

New laptop!
Screen - AUO Matte 95% Gamut LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
CPU - Intel i7-3740QM (2.70GHz) 6MB
RAM - 2x8GB 1600MHz
GPU - Nvidia GT630m 1GB
SSD - 120GB OCZ Agility 3
HDD - 1TB WD Scorpio Blue
ODD - No optical drive, went for an extra HDD bay to put the 1TB in
Battery - Two 62.16WH batteries
OS None (I have loads of Windows keys, so I saved money by it not coming with)
Also got the 30-day dead pixel guarantee.
Total: £947.00

Also updated my new books list:
£13.40 - Social Engineering: The Art of Human Hacking
£17.94 - Gray Hat Hacking The Ethical Hackers Handbook, 3rd Edition
£15.98 - Hacking Exposed 7: Network Security Secrets & Solutions, Seventh Edition
£21.83 - Hacking: The Art of Exploitation Book/CD Package 2nd Edition
£23.91 - Metasploit: The Penetration Tester's Guide: A Penetration Tester's Guide

So, got new job, new job has amazing deal with Verizon, 40% off on any phone, plan, or anything else I get through them. I am required to have a phone after the first month.

I can't do a contract, so it has to be month by month (Cost of phone will be high, but won't be too bad due to this), I wan't to stay far away from Apple products, and I would like a smartphone. So, anyone here familiar with Verizon/Phones want to point me in a good direction for a phone? Won't be doing anything fancy, just want a nice phone for once. :3

Sorry for asking on this thread, but everyone seems to post in this thread, and I have been out of the loop on quiet a bit of phone technology lately.

So, got new job, new job has amazing deal with Verizon, 40% off on any phone, plan, or anything else I get through them. I am required to have a phone after the first month.

I can't do a contract, so it has to be month by month (Cost of phone will be high, but won't be too bad due to this), I wan't to stay far away from Apple products, and I would like a smartphone. So, anyone here familiar with Verizon/Phones want to point me in a good direction for a phone? Won't be doing anything fancy, just want a nice phone for once. :3

Might be a bit cliché but either the Galaxy S3, HTC One X, or alternatively the Galaxy Note II in a few months.

I was looking at the Galaxy S3 honestly, but they only list blue and white as available, was wanting black if possible, or if it even existed. White reminds me of iPhone somewhat, Blue seems... Ehh... Whats your opinions on the Droid Incredible?

There is a black slated for release... eventually, at some unspecified point in the future.

I was looking at the Galaxy S3 honestly, but they only list blue and white as available, was wanting black if possible, or if it even existed. White reminds me of iPhone somewhat, Blue seems... Ehh... Whats your opinions on the Droid Incredible?

I was iffy on the blue too but it actually looks nice in person.

The Incredible is worse than the GS3 across the board. I'd look at the HTC One X if you want an alternative to the S3, at the moment it is the only one that is comparable.

Well, guess next month I will find out if dropping $400 or so on a phone so I don't have to be in a contract is worth it. Only reason I can even attempt buying and staying off contract is because of this discount program. :D

New laptop!
Screen - AUO Matte 95% Gamut LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
CPU - Intel i7-3740QM (2.70GHz) 6MB
RAM - 2x8GB 1600MHz
GPU - Nvidia GT630m 1GB
SSD - 120GB OCZ Agility 3
HDD - 1TB WD Scorpio Blue
ODD - No optical drive, went for an extra HDD bay to put the 1TB in
Battery - Two 62.16WH batteries
OS None (I have loads of Windows keys, so I saved money by it not coming with)
Also got the 30-day dead pixel guarantee.
Total: £947.00

Also updated my new books list:
£13.40 - Social Engineering: The Art of Human Hacking
£17.94 - Gray Hat Hacking The Ethical Hackers Handbook, 3rd Edition
£15.98 - Hacking Exposed 7: Network Security Secrets & Solutions, Seventh Edition
£21.83 - Hacking: The Art of Exploitation Book/CD Package 2nd Edition
£23.91 - Metasploit: The Penetration Tester's Guide: A Penetration Tester's Guide

Not quite sure why you went with 16GB of RAM, seems way overkill.

You can do VM pretty well on 8GB. But I guess if your doing fairly heavy stuff then yeah.

Back
Top Bottom