Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

We had some nasty stuff blow through last night but right where we are only got some rain. South of my mom got hammered by whirly twirlys though. This is a shot about 3 or 4 hours into it coming through.

mmmweather.jpg

We had some nasty stuff blow through last night but right where we are only got some rain. South of my mom got hammered by whirly twirlys though. This is a shot about 3 or 4 hours into it coming through.

mmmweather.jpg

Lol, no points for spotting the anomalous propagation :tongue:

Trying to find some decent FEM software that isn't ridiculously expensive/complicated and includes a post processor.. impossible task i swear.

We got them, too. Thankfully the Cumberland Plateau seems to have disrupted the storm front enough that the serious stuff went north and south of us.

Are you talking about the huge wall cloud with rotation in it? The dots to the selected radar are though.

Technically it might not exactley be aprop. But it is some kind of anomaly. Must weather forums just use 'aprop' to refer to all radar inconsistencies and anomalies, which clearly arn't real. Here you can tell because precipitation appears in all directions in straight lines (Imagine hundreds of fine lines coming out from the radar, the precip is more or less placed on these lines) from the center of the radar.

mmmweather.jpg

You can see a similar thing here:

images

Technically it might not exactley be aprop. But it is some kind of anomaly. Must weather forums just use 'aprop' to refer to all radar inconsistencies and anomalies, which clearly arn't real. Here you can tell because precipitation appears in all directions in straight lines (Imagine hundreds of fine lines coming out from the radar, the precip is more or less placed on these lines) from the center of the radar.

mmmweather.jpg
That is what I meant by the dots to the left of the radar. That squall line directly north was actually a squall line that started a couple hours north of that location. I notice it all the time though and constantly switch between that radar and kfws to accurately tell what exactly is coming my way.
I wish this program could select multiple radars and make a better image of what is being seen. I suppose that is just asking for too many pro tools though.

Back
Top Bottom