Windows 7 Locks Up When Accessing User Accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montrose

Beta member
I built a new system and upgraded to Windows 7. The PC worked fine for a few days and after trying to install a game my PC started locking up., Im not sure if it was coincidence or the cause of problem. I deleted ALL of my partitions and did a reinstall of windows 7 but the problem persists. I have minimal programs installed, OS, Antivirus, etc.

Windows 7 Upgrade Home Premium 64 Bit 6.1, build 7600.

System Board: Gigabyte GA 890GPA-UD3H

Processor: AMD Phenom 11 x2 555 Processor 2 CPU's 3.2ghz

Memory: 4096 MB RAM

Page File: 519 MB used, 7665 available

Direct X 11

Video Card: EVGA Nvidia 460 GTX

System Errors in Event Viewer:

DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start service WSearch with arguments"

DCOM " " " 1084 " " " "wuaserv " " "

DCOM " " " 1084 " " " "ShellHWDetection " " "

The following boot-start or system start drives failed to load:

Applecharger, aswTdi, discache, spldr, wanarpv6.

The PC will boot windows and come to login screen for user accounts. It will not log in for my admin account or standard user it just hangs up and the windows spin thingie doesnt move. I can however boot up and log into account using Safe Mode.

Fixes that failed:

1. Updating Video Card drivers dated 7/16/2010

2. Changed power settings in Windows to always leave on Hard Drive and Monitor.

3. Deleted partitions and reinstalled Windows 7.

4. Waited for like 10 mins to see if user account would eventually load but it didnt.

Feeling lost at this point. Need advice. What is causing these DCOM errors?

Use the Win7 disk and get to the command prompt. Run a chkdsk on the machine. It sounds like the files are getting corrupted and the drive is starting to fail.

It looks like its a video card driver issue. When I uninstall my video card drivers I can log in just fine.
When I install my video card drivers it locks up after booting and attempting to log in.
I tried a different driver from Nvidia site but it does the same thing. It works fine for with onboard video. but when I try either driver (0ne on CD or most recent driver on Nvidia website the PC locks down like a hammer). If I uninstall video card drivers Im fine again running onboard. I am a gamer though so running onboard is not an option for me, besides the fact that I spent 200.00 on my video card and want it to work.
In another thread someone said there is a conflict with some system boards that user Realtech LAN drivers which are on my chipset disc. How do I get around this and get my system up and working?

Just as an FYI for anyone else using experiencing this issue. It seems the 460 Fermi card drivers are not liked by some AMD system boards. Some users fixed their problem by updating their BIOS. I sent back the Nvidia card and installed an ATI 5800 series and it works like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom