Starcraft to Warcraft 3 Total Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
I think I found this through digg.com... I don't rightly remember.

...Project Revolution is a Warcraft III to Starcraft:Broodwar Total Conversion without violating any intellectual property laws. More streamlined, the modders have developed 3D models of Starcraft units, buildings, attack effects, tilesets, Interface(GUI) and doodads to mimic Starcraft: Broodwar sprites. The Total Conversion will run a custom Artificial Intelligence (AI) script, making it playable in the Warcraft III Engine....

According to the discussion posted, you'd have to have the CDs for StarCraft (original), Starcraft: Broodwar expansion,and WarCraft 3: Reign of Chaos... it assumes you already have Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne. During installation, it will ask for each one to fetch the files it needs, and as a form of piracy protection.

The mod ain't finished yet, but will be free once it is.

Here's the link to the site:
http://www.blizzplanet.com/content/560/

I will keep an eye out of that one.

However what's the bet that Blizzard force them to pull the plug. I remember a Star Craft FPS using the orginal Unreal Tornament Mod a few years back. And that got the plug pulled when Blizzard announced Star Craft Ghost.

Thats awesome. If Blizzard wants to pull the plug then maybe they should make a conversion themselves. Its obvious that Starcraft is played alot cause i se alot of ppl on the servers all the time. I play on dialup wheni get the chance. If its changing the graphics to more modern then that would really be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom