Warcraft 3/ Starcraft Lag!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Viksta

Ninja Stargate Addict
Hey guys

i play warcraft 3 and starcraft a lot over the lan (and often using hamachi) with friends, and i always find that when i am the host, the game lags horrificly for everyone else, even when playing over a LAN (i have a wireless G lan connection, but i doubt thats the cause).

The lag started coming up when i went to server 2008 from xp x64 (i made the switch because Xp x64 has serious driver issues...) and now although the gameplay is fine for me, i find that games such as DoTA is ruined because other people lag so much that they can barely control their units and i carve them up into little pieces (not that i dont do that anyhow... :D), and even TDs lag to a point where they are unplayable.

Is there anything i can do from within server 2008 (like tweaks to the stack?) that can optimise the gameplay or will i have to be stuck with this confounded lag?

I tried making another pc in my house host, but while i can connect to it, other pcs cannot, even with firewalls down, and pings responding favourably, so thats a no-no as well =(

any ideas as to what i can do to alleviate this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom