Yahoo hijacking browsers?

Isley6628

Solid State Member
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. I work for a school board and got a request from a teacher to help fix her computer because her browsers are not working properly. I got to the computer and found that no matter what site she goes to in internet explorer it gives her a yahoo error that says yahoo will be right back. Thanks for your patience. I then tried it in google chrome and she can go to a few sites such as youtube on this browser but most sites give back the same error. I ran virus scans and malware scans and these all came up with nothing. I checked and she currently has no extensions on any browsers. I am kind of stumped at the moment and was hoping someone here may be able to help.

I ran several free ones that have never let me down before, malwarebytes, spybot search and destroy, avg, avast. The school parish I work for is insisting on using free software they don't wanna pay for any antivirus or anything.

That's fine - the free stuff is usually as good or better than paid stuff anyway (just wanting to make sure you ran good tools is all).

Try flushing the DNS cache.

Open up command prompt
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew

Back
Top Bottom