Xbox One

Out of that entire reveal the thing I'm most excited for the the Halo TV series.

The fact that Steven Spielberg is directing it makes me think it's not just another cash grab.

YES. The Halo TV series! I'm excited for that. Won't buy an Xbox One though (Haven't played consoles in years)

Forward Unto Dawn was awesome.

Halo series wont be much better than forward unto dawn. I could not sit through one episode of that. However I am intrested how its going to play out.

Xbox one looks kind of crap.

They showed Call of Duty Ghosts gameplay, and I was like...... well that is ****ing fail, because BF3 on PC is better looking and runs at 120fps on my rig thats youngest component is 1 year old and the CPU is much older than that. This looks like **** in comparison and runs at 60fps ?

CoD never was a looker. I hope other games look much better. Or maybe it was just a bad quality stream..

They kept going on about how it's the best thing to have in your living room ever. It's a load of ****. A $300 PC behind your TV would be much better for all that browsing and skype ****.

As your lol moment for the day, Sony stock jumped 9.25% after the Xbox One reveal.

To be fair, the stream I was looking at was 720p and quality was degraded terribly. You can tell there are huge improvements in graphics quality just from texture modeling alone and the trees/bushes. That coming from a huge CoD hater. As to 60fps, current consoles play at 30 and most of the time lag that out with high intensity FPS games. IF they actually achieve a full 60fps DX11 experience, consider me impressed. Your 680 and 2600k are still a notch above the hardware being put in these boxes in terms of raw speed. Plus, as I tried telling you before, don't expect real high detail launch titles. You have to wait for the console devs to get used to the power of PC developing :p

I'm impressed that even though Ghost is being launched on the 360/PS3 that they are for once using a new engine.

I was impressed with ghosts until the actual gameplay. When they showed the gun and face models, and the new tech to keep circles looking really round when you get close (basically just a fancy LOD/Tessellation system) I was fairly impressed. Then the in game stuff appeared and I wasn't so impressed.

But yeah, I wont think to much of it until a proper 720/1080P trailer is released that doesn't have super high compression.

Wouldn't say 720p. These games are true 1080p so I want true 1080p trailers. 720p just looks too terrible.

Says who ?

No matter how powerful your hardware, it will always be a compromise between resolution, frame rate and graphical quality. They will still be making that compromise on games in 50 years time.

It really would not surprise me at all to see a whole load of 30fps, 720p games on next gen consoles.

Back
Top Bottom