Xbox Live Connection Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanzohattori000

Beta member
So here's my issue, since i've had this xbox my connection has never been good. Ive attempted to fix this problem as many times as I could. Im not sure what Im doing wrong so what I want to do is reset my router and maybe some of you guys can help me from scratch that way I know at least someone who knows what they are talking about is helping me.

I have a Netgear Router Model WGR614v9
Its connected to my xbox via ethernet cable.

Im hoping the info Ive provided can get me some help if not let me know what I need to tell you guys.

Thanks

If I'm understanding your problem correctly, you need to open the xbox live ports on your router to fix your strict/moderate NAT when testing your xbox live connection?

The ports can be found here: Network Ports Used by Xbox LIVE | Open Network Ports | Port Forwarding - Xbox.com

You can find the exact directions for adding the ports in your routers owners manual, specifically pages 5-7 & 5-8. You can find the manual here: WGR614v9

If I misunderstood please elaborate on the problem you are having.

It is most likely a strict/moderate NAT type. I had to deal with that, and there are many ways to fix it, and each case of this is different. I have a post on what I did, along with what I tried. I ended up having to buy a new router because my old Motorola modem couldn't support open NAT type. If you simply want to reset (because you have bad connection) you should be able to just unplug the power cord, wait 5 seconds, then plug it back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom