(Xbox) Black Ops 2 Blackscreen @ Menu

Meeqs

Solid State Member
Black Ops 2 startup issue - YouTube

That link shows what the issue is. Basically as soon as the game finishes running through all of the companies, etc, it instantly goes to a black screen. This problem first occurred a few weeks ago out of the blue. There are no visible scratches or marks on the disc. One day it worked, the next day it didn't. I never took it out between the days either. And the problem isn't my entire screen freezing, seeing as I can open the Xbox menu, so it has to do with the game. Are there any suggestions on what to do other than buy a new disc? Because I don't want to spend money on a new copy and then the next day the "damaged" copy works fine.

Looks like he is connected online due to friends bleep bloops popping up. Any update would have been DL automatically.
I know but before playing the game it would have said you need to update before playing. The same thing happened in January to people playing this game on the 360. An update added bugs which resulted in the same black screen.

I know but before playing the game it would have said you need to update before playing. The same thing happened in January to people playing this game on the 360. An update added bugs which resulted in the same black screen.

Oh, I see now. Misunderstood. Thought you were asking him if he had latest update installed :p

EDIT:
Have you already tried the following? Delete Cache/Deleting latest update + Delete Cache?

Last edited:
Go to the dashboard, go to options/settings, go to storage, games, find Black Ops 2, then find the game update you downloaded today, and delete it. Clear the cache again, then launch the game and re-download the update.

Nothing worked. I deleted the cache started it up again. Uninstalled the updates, deleted cache, still nothing. Uninstalled the entire game and all of the features, cleared cache, started it up, nothing again. Any other suggestions..?

Back
Top Bottom