Word Press woes....

JamesAutumn

Beta member
First off i'd like to say hello to all you lovely tech people and hope that my joing this site will be a interesting journey and that i get to know you all through the common love of tech in our lives.

Onto bidness now :(

I have built two websites with word press. both are personal sites. Both have a common issue. The simple is there seems to be a meta data issue where when i share with people through social media or through email or even ask people to type in my URL, They get redirected to google china. Which is where i'm perplexed.

The mildly long : I have nothing but the vanilla word press no extensions or widgets added. i've looked at the word press kit from the official website on my local drive and the one on my server the .htaccess file seems to match up with the untounched .htaccess and i'm running the default provided template on both of my sites. i'm running a virus scan on my server right now to see if i've been compromised but it seems unlikely since my weekly scans provide no infection of the sort.

I know for a fact that anyone who's visited my site before i put wordpress on can see the current site just fine. first time visitors however are redirected to google china, which doesn't help my resume as a web designer or writer.

So here i am seeking knowledge best i can. Word press official site and forums doesn't seem to provide information on my issue and google and bing even to dogpile search i still am met with no results on this exact problem or anything remotely close to it. I welcome any experience and wisdom to help me rectify this issue so i can get my sites into working order.

The links to my sites are:
Code:
www.west57.net
Code:
www.contrastdesigns.west57.net

That's so strange i just emailed a few people and they said there still getting redirected. :(

I know when i share the link on my fb page it messes up as well. and my new tablet loads google china. i'm so confused :(

Check the .htaccess file and make sure there aren't any hinky redirects in there. That would be the first step. It doesn't redirect for me though. Seems fine.

Back
Top Bottom