Wireless router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argilus

In Runtime
Alright, I'd rather not be doing this, but since my step dad won't leave me the Fack alone I need this to work.

Alright, I connect through a Cable connection. A modem sits on my dest working fine. He has his laptop (sony Vaio) and so he bought this wirless router. I was completely against hooking it up but he's nagging is over the top.

So, the router is a Airlink 802.llg Wireless Router.

I've got the cords hooked up right, tried installing the installation disk, his computer says he's connected, My computer says it's connected, but we both can't connect to the interenet. Very trouble-some. If I don't get this thing right, I'm going to kill something.

Please help.

Turn off the gateway/router (unplug it).....do the same with the cable modem.
Leave the cable modem unplugged for 30 seconds. (go make some toast or something).
Finish eating your toast and then come back and turn on the cable modem. Let it run it's light and communication sequence (about 30 seconds) and wait for the lights to be idle. Now, turn off your computer. While your PC is shutting down, plug your gateway/router back in and let it also run for about 30 seconds. Now, turn your PC back on and when you login to linux/windows or whatever you use, try and get on the net.

no way that actually worked. yow thats crazy.

argilus is that naruto?? great anime dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom