Wireless controllers keep disconnecting

Veraster

In Runtime
On my Xbox 360, I'll just be playing a game and be maybe 3-6 feet away from the console and a wireless controller will just randomly disconnect and run through it's startup sequence and reconnect again. It's extremely annoying.
I have determined that it's not the battery. I can shake the controllers around vigorously at all kinds of different angles and they won't "disconnect".
I have tried the controllers on a different Xbox and they don't do this.
When they disconnect and reconnect, it's at a totally random time. They might not do it for 45 minutes and then start disconnecting and reconnecting every 30 seconds. Sometimes, all they do is disconnect and reconnect every minute or two the whole time.
The batteries are fully charged.

I can't remember when this problem really started. I just started playing after not playing Xbox for a year and it's been doing that.

My router messes with my computer speakers depending on what program I'm running. Photoshop and Crysis make the speakers mess up while I or somebody else is on the internet but it doesn't do that for other programs. Not sure if that has to do with anything or not. On another unrelated pointless side note, my Xbox is 4 feet away from the router.

Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?

Sounds like it could be interference from the router. Try changing your router to a different channel to prevent frequency hopping (can happen if it's set to Auto). That or move the router away from the 360.

Are your speakers wireless as well? That could explain why your speakers "mess up" from your router.

The speakers are wired though. My router is an Asus RT N16 with dd-wrt and I've got it transmitting at 250mw. I'll try turning it down tomorrow for long enough to see if that fixes it.

Back
Top Bottom