Windows upgrade question

ikonix360

Daemon Poster
I have two Windows 10 PCs at church bought in 2017 that are used in the media booth. One is for streaming and one is for slides.

They have 7th generation processors.

They meet all the requirements of Windows 11 except the processors.

Is there any way to get Windows 11 to bypass that requirement since both PCs still work great and do everything we need?

Yes you can bypass it and also all other restrictions, and it has been told thousands of times over the past 3 years since this problem started. Whole internet is full of such tutorials, read some and you're done. But later you will have many difficulties when installing updates, because then you will not be able to bypass all the restrictions.
Therefore, we recommend that you think about whether you still absolutely need this number to be 11 and not 10, especially if you only use it for such a narrow scope of work, as you said.

I really cannot see what the point is of downgrading Win 10 to 11. It just causes problems and the OP knows that. But hey ho everybody to their own I suppose.

It would need to be 11 given it connects to the internet.

Am beginning to think it would be better in the long run to just build a couple new PCs.

Wouldn't need to be gaming PCs though. Could prob get away with an i7 and a decent video card with four outputs.

Using currently available parts, what would be good parts to use for a PC that runs OBS for live streaming at 720P?

You could try an enterprise version of 10, that should give you 10 yrs before it expires. Mrs.C uses a 2019 version and it is good until 2029. You won't get Cortana and a few other apps with enterprise versions though.

But later you will have many difficulties when installing updates, because then you will not be able to bypass all the restrictions.
This is untrue, the restrictions are in place only for initial install.

I really cannot see what the point is of downgrading Win 10 to 11. It just causes problems and the OP knows that. But hey ho everybody to their own I suppose.
It's literally the same kernel.

It would need to be 11 given it connects to the internet.

Am beginning to think it would be better in the long run to just build a couple new PCs.

Wouldn't need to be gaming PCs though. Could prob get away with an i7 and a decent video card with four outputs.

Using currently available parts, what would be good parts to use for a PC that runs OBS for live streaming at 720P?
No it doesn't. You only need to stay current if you're using RDP which even fully patched is still full of security holes.
Aren't these church PCs? If so you have no fear unless you're working for Joel Olstein. If this is a single cam to the stage what's there is fine and would eventually need to be upgraded later. It doesn't necessitate an upgrade to 11 as it's the same kernel, it'll do the same thing. If you still want it, just bypass the restrictions.
Perhaps, although would I then be running into eventual performance issues as upgrades are done to software?
No. You'll only run into problems if OBS updates something that the hardware doesn't support. Even then, a cheap Nvidia GPU would solve the problem.

Nothing at all wrong with Windows 11 and doesn't cause a single problem. Been running Windows 11 on a new gaming PC I built in early February and honestly I like it better than 10.

While reading the comments in a YouTube video where someone had Windows 11 running on a 6th gen processor, AveYo Windows 11 bypass was mentioned as to how he did it.

Y'all know anything about that program and would that be a good solution?

If so maybe I could upgrade my two Windows 10 PCs at home as a test given they are still very fast and capable for most things other than gaming.

Back
Top Bottom