Where can I learn HTML?

Don't learn HTML, just use adobe dreamweaver.
Plus, gegeneo, w3schools doesn't teach you anything, you just can't learn from it because it is just a website full of 'examples' and 'try it yourself' features which don't work, I tried it myself.

No offense but this post is full of bad information.
Knowing HTML is still completely necessary for dream weaver. Dream weaver is an IDE. You still need to code it... Yes it has snippets and the ability is insert basic functions but knowing HTML for this program is necessary. Adobe muse would be the software that "somewhat" allows you to do a point and click method way to making a site. But because of this it's extremely limited.

W3schools is full of knowledge on many languages, and yes you can absolutely learn from this site. However, it's important to note when learning any language you should use multiple sources for information or help. But w3 schools is a site well more than capable of helping someone learn a language.
http://www.w3schools.com/html/DEFAULT.asp w3 schools html tutorials...

Learning a language of any type takes commitment and practice. Don't expect to go to one location and learn it in a day. HTML is an easy language but everyone learns at their own pace and their own way.

EDIT: also by saying "Dont learn html" you hurt people in so many ways. Yes there are tools for creating websites without any knowledge of html but they are limited. But learning html opens the door to so many possibilities. The ability to freely create a site of your own work in your own way and to advance to other languages like CSS(not really a language but you get my point), javascript, and php. It also helps advance someones career path if their interest was web design.

Last edited:
No offense but this post is full of bad information.
Knowing HTML is still completely necessary for dream weaver. Dream weaver is an IDE. You still need to code it... Yes it has snippets and the ability is insert basic functions but knowing HTML for this program is necessary. Adobe muse would be the software that "somewhat" allows you to do a point and click method way to making a site. But because of this it's extremely limited.

W3schools is full of knowledge on many languages, and yes you can absolutely learn from this site. However, it's important to note when learning any language you should use multiple sources for information or help. But w3 schools is a site well more than capable of helping someone learn a language.
http://www.w3schools.com/html/DEFAULT.asp w3 schools html tutorials...

Learning a language of any type takes commitment and practice. Don't expect to go to one location and learn it in a day. HTML is an easy language but everyone learns at their own pace and their own way.

EDIT: also by saying "Dont learn html" you hurt people in so many ways. Yes there are tools for creating websites without any knowledge of html but they are limited. But learning html opens the door to so many possibilities. The ability to freely create a site of your own work in your own way and to advance to other languages like CSS(not really a language but you get my point), javascript, and php. It also helps advance someones career path if their interest was web design.

Agree x1000.

Zaka, that is horrible advise. You should learn the language before you try to use advanced tools. A friend and I had to redo a website that was started in Dreamweaver.. and we pretty much made fun of the person because it wasn't coded well at all and they were relying only on what Dreamweaver was producing for them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I don't know man...I learned code from Dreamweaver and I turned out fine. I'm coding circles around my friends and family now.

I don't want to brag here, but let's just say, I know how to bold the crap out of text.

--Sent from my Blast Processing Doritto chip from Space Station Four.

Back
Top Bottom