Whats your Job/Occupation ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excavator operator at a mine site

Really? You don't realize how cool that sounds NOT having any clue what that is. Whenever I go to Vegas or a cool city, I make up occupations in conversation. The coolest thing that I ever came up with was a "Company Slogan Consultant" ... Basiclly taking credit for really absurd and silly things like Campbell's "Mmmmm Mmmmmm Good" and stuff like that... just to see their faces and see if I can get away with it convincingly.

But, man, Excavator operator at a mine site just SOUNDS cool. I'm using that next time ....

Excavator operator at a mine site, fifo work.

how much do you earn?.once i get my p's i want to get a job at one of the mines here in tasmania,working in the processing plant thats probably a decent start.how hard was it to get use to those 12 hour shifts?.were you very tierd after work?>

I work for ColorWare Inc. I take apart, reassemble, repair, and handle customer support calls for every computer we currently customize. I have also re-written most of the company warranty policy, have dealt with the BBB a few times and acted as a negotiator for a lawsuit filed against the company from a major computer manufacturer. Also, at one time I had to track and co-ordinate the production of some custom product for Target Co. via a subsidiary of MSI (huge pain in my ***). As far as the production/support staff goes I know more than all of them combined.

I get paid a miserable $10 an hour and I cannot find a new job in my town or the two nearest larger cities (LaCrosse, WI and Rochester, MN).

how much do you earn?.once i get my p's i want to get a job at one of the mines here in tasmania,working in the processing plant thats probably a decent start.how hard was it to get use to those 12 hour shifts?.were you very tierd after work?>

Where in Tassie are you situated? Im also in Tassie.
Basically do two weeks on and one week off. They fly me home and back for my week off and all accomodation and meals are provided. Get looked after very well. The 12 hour shifts are very easy once you get into a routine. and also get every sunday off as a rest day.

Starting wage is normally about $90000 per year for a machinery operator and goes up over time depending on experience and how long your bean with the company.

Also i work in Western Australia.

Where in Tassie are you situated? Im also in Tassie.
Basically do two weeks on and one week off. They fly me home and back for my week off and all accomodation and meals are provided. Get looked after very well. The 12 hour shifts are very easy once you get into a routine. and also get every sunday off as a rest day.

Starting wage is normally about $90000 per year for a machinery operator and goes up over time depending on experience and how long your bean with the company.

Also i work in Western Australia.

i live in devonport,i rekon i'll work at one of the mine's here in tassie first just to get my foot in the door than once i get use to doing 12 hour shifts i'll probably go to WA that where all the money is.but yeah once i get my p's.haha

I done my first two years at australian cement at railton which isn't far from you at all. once you have a bit of experience up in a mining enviroment you are laughing and can get a job nearly anywhere. Took me 18 months to get my first job on a mining site, had many rejections. So if your serious about getting in this industry don't give up applying and expect to be knocked back alot before been excepted anywhere. But once your in your in.

Best of luck with it.

I done my first two years at australian cement at railton which isn't far from you at all. once you have a bit of experience up in a mining enviroment you are laughing and can get a job nearly anywhere. Took me 18 months to get my first job on a mining site, had many rejections. So if your serious about getting in this industry don't give up applying and expect to be knocked back alot before been excepted anywhere. But once your in your in.

Best of luck with it.

cool.im gonna do a few tafe courses too that should help a bit.what's your wage on at the moment working in wa

Lets just say im on $120000+ which is great considering im only 25. However there are alot more blokes/women on alot more than me. Generally the longer you are there the more they will pay you as they just cant keep the men. Because most cant manage been isolated from family and you cant just go to the pub and go do stuff like that when ever you want to cause your in the middle of no where.

Lets just say im on $120000+ which is great considering im only 25. However there are alot more blokes/women on alot more than me. Generally the longer you are there the more they will pay you as they just cant keep the men. Because most cant manage been isolated from family and you cant just go to the pub and go do stuff like that when ever you want to cause your in the middle of no where.

what would be a starting wage for someone working in the procesing plant in tassie.i assume you have to fill out time sheet's

what would be a starting wage for someone working in the procesing plant in tassie.i assume you have to fill out time sheet's

I would think around the 50k mark per year. I have found that most places offer salary packages. Dont know about time sheets where i am there is a finger print scanner that is used to clock on and off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom