What You've Just Bought!

GearVR Consumer for my Note 5 ! I was lucky actually, someone found a hidden link before the actual page went live to the masses. I ordered before 7pm yesterday, it was dispatched and delivered today. Great. Except..

I have a canadian Note 5 which does not yet have the update including the GearVR system apps and services. I tried extracting them from the USA Note 5 T Mobile CJ05 update, but it just said APK Install failed. In the end I had to wipe my device, flash the phone with a T-Mobile N920T firmware with the latest update including the GearVR files. Then re-flash a modified but stock ROM. Perf on GearVR requires the stock rom as Oculus/Samsung made changes to it just for GearVR. Otherwise you get super bad laggy performance. This took me about 5 hours (of work time :D ) because every step was a PITA, the flash went wrong and kept failing, so it was just a bricked phone with no OS, and I had to do some crazy fast button mashing to even boot into TRWP Recovery. Fortunately I had the forsight to load another ROM in ZIP format onto the phones storage so I just tried flashing it from inside TRWP rather than Odin. Thank god it worked, i'd be royally ****ed if it didn't. Also I have no real idea how my phone is fully operational, I wiped the modem.img and it's now using the T-Mobile modem.img which is for a completely different model of Note 5 with different radio bands and crap... :p

Anyway after that massive PITA and panic of me ruining my phone, GearVR works and perf is great ! And it's actually really surprisingly good. FOV is below PC based VR headsets but still okay. 2560x1440 is much better than the 1080P one in DK2, but at the same time it's still glaringly obvious that it actually needs to be more like 25600 x 14400 (seriously). Netflix app is cool, 360 photos are cool, the VR Internet Browser is even surprisingly good as it just uses Google Voice text input and you get a native 360 video view. Overall, if you have a S6 or Note 5 it's absolutely worth $99. Dat 100" Netfllix screen doe.

Bought a whole bunch of stuff on BF but not all for me.
My wife's brothers are moving here next week and starting school so I got 2 of them Nexus 5Xs and one of them the OnePlus 2
And I got them a 49" Toshiba for $150 so that was a great steal.
I bought my self a sandisk 1tb ssd and a 512GB 850 EVO ssd for myself.
Also bought The Order
Dishonored and Until Dawn for the PS4
Got a bunch of winter clothes for myself and the wifey.
I can get free laptops from my work when they get rid of the older ones
So I took like 6, rebuilt them. Gave one to my mom, one will go to her brothers for school and the rest I donated.

So I'm looking on my local trader site and an Advert comes up with no pictures and just a small amount of text advertising parts, systems and servers for sale. Well of course this is too good to pass up. I rang the Gye and was on the phone for about 20 minutes just getting the jist of what he was selling and he was apparently desperate to get rid because he needed the room in his spare room by this week end.

I arranged transport, and went over. So first of all I spent £50 on this stuff from this gye.

Now for the good part, the juicy goods of the trade.

I bagged what I have up and running, three systems, Dell, Packard Bell and a Micro Cube Systems, I also got a Fully working Tower Server, a box of parts like DDR Rev. 3 Memory, MoBos, Heat sink Fans, Duel Core Chips, Tons of Cables,

THEN.

The Gye says I'm desperate for the room in my spare bedroom by Saturday so I got a fully working and branded new full ATX chassis, Intel Atom Board with Chip and chassis, got a full working cash register Windows 2000 Pro and on top of that I also got another 4 full systems with parts and bits missing.

The Box has MoBos in it, DVD RW Drives, Dell Parts,

THEN...

I got two Apple Systems. Had a look. Couldn't figure them out so they got binned.

All that for fifty quid.

I'll post some pictures. Give me an hour at most.

I got an Arduino starter kit. A large scale proto board. An 8 channel bi-directional shift register. A SPI back pack for the 20x4 LCD display. The back pack takes the 16 lines on the display and converts them down to 4 wires. Saves on connections to the Arduino.

I'm going to look in to making a flight controller test jig with this one. Since the Arduino DUE is out of stock at places I shop, the flight controller project will have to wait. Mean time I'll tinker with this.

attachment.php

Chanel Coco Mademoiselle!

For my mums crimbo pressie of course :p

Quite happy, I got 10% off for it being my first order, then I found another 14% voucher code online, and I had £4 in my PayPal account. All in all I got a nice discount :D

So I'm looking on my local trader site and an Advert comes up with no pictures and just a small amount of text advertising parts, systems and servers for sale. Well of course this is too good to pass up. I rang the Gye and was on the phone for about 20 minutes just getting the jist of what he was selling and he was apparently desperate to get rid because he needed the room in his spare room by this week end.

I arranged transport, and went over. So first of all I spent £50 on this stuff from this gye.

Now for the good part, the juicy goods of the trade.

I bagged what I have up and running, three systems, Dell, Packard Bell and a Micro Cube Systems, I also got a Fully working Tower Server, a box of parts like DDR Rev. 3 Memory, MoBos, Heat sink Fans, Duel Core Chips, Tons of Cables,

THEN.

The Gye says I'm desperate for the room in my spare bedroom by Saturday so I got a fully working and branded new full ATX chassis, Intel Atom Board with Chip and chassis, got a full working cash register Windows 2000 Pro and on top of that I also got another 4 full systems with parts and bits missing.

The Box has MoBos in it, DVD RW Drives, Dell Parts,

THEN...

I got two Apple Systems. Had a look. Couldn't figure them out so they got binned.

All that for fifty quid.

I'll post some pictures. Give me an hour at most.

I still need to post the picture of my newest addition \ s of my set up but man, I have been working on these for three days and theirs still loads of stuff I have to get up and running.

Also my Camera needs charging. :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom