What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

You should stop picking up on everything I say and trying to stitch me up every step up the way before you start questioning my immaturity.

You think in 20K+ posts you havn't once changed your mind or contradicted yourself ? please. Difference is, no one cares.

I said AA wasn't necessary at 4K. I bought a 4K monitor, had some hands on use with it and decided AA would still be of visual benefit, but only slightly, so it's not worth enabling for me because I don't care enough. Hardly earth shattering news that I changed my mind after trying something, on the contrary, it's completely normal. You do care, and that's great, but stop trying to make me look stupid.
Actually you do it quite a bit, that was the point of me calling it out. You want to set something down as fact until you actually experience it then when somebody calls you on your **** you get buttmad like a baby. If you didn't care you would have said fair enough and carried on.

In 20k posts I have done a lot of changing and growing up. The last 5k at least have been grown up enough to admit when I'm wrong, not make a big deal about it like you are. Now if you want to go back and look for the posts (because I'm too busy to do so) you were practically saying you'd be dumb to use AA because nobody needs it at 4k. Then again, you said I was being hyper critical. I pointed out exactly why I would need it (and apparently why you need it) and here we are. You just don't like my reasoning because it's an educated reply rather than just sitting back and saying "this guy's just a moron" and letting it slide.

Actually you do it quite a bit, that was the point of me calling it out. You want to set something down as fact until you actually experience it then when somebody calls you on your **** you get buttmad like a baby. If you didn't care you would have said fair enough and carried on.

In 20k posts I have done a lot of changing and growing up. The last 5k at least have been grown up enough to admit when I'm wrong, not make a big deal about it like you are. Now if you want to go back and look for the posts (because I'm too busy to do so) you were practically saying you'd be dumb to use AA because nobody needs it at 4k. Then again, you said I was being hyper critical. I pointed out exactly why I would need it (and apparently why you need it) and here we are. You just don't like my reasoning because it's an educated reply rather than just sitting back and saying "this guy's just a moron" and letting it slide.

I've never seen you say you were wrong. Like, ever..

Anyway, I keep saying AA is of visual benefit, I just don't care personally. I said that before the argument even started. I'm really confused.

You were wrong about the FB acquisition ****ing up the Rift, so now's your chance :p
It's still in development so we have yet to see exactly where they are taking it. From what I'm seeing it hasn't exactly helped them much either and I've heard a lot of different stories about their plans for it too.

It's still in development so we have yet to see exactly where they are taking it. From what I'm seeing it hasn't exactly helped them much either and I've heard a lot of different stories about their plans for it too.

Well, they had $75m without Facebook and about 100 employees.

They've now purchased 3 companies, have 350 employees, 24 self funded games in development, and Oculus Home (Xbox live equivalent) powered by Facebook CDN and payment system.

Certainly couldn't do any of that with just $75m. So far, so good.

Sure they'll definitely make a Facebook app / experience of some sort. I don't mind integration, as long as it's not forced on me with ads in my normal games.
edit:

Actually a caveat to that point. If the ads are put in naturally, that could be okay. E.g. Coca Cola vending machines in GTAV, adverts on the road side advertising banners etc.

Last edited:

^ the Battlefield games did this if I remember correctly. I specifically remember seeing Intel chip adverts in BF2142 :tongue:

I just spent $1100 on 4 tyres. I now want to go and cry in the corner of my room. I feel a bit sick spending that much, but I am spending a fortune paying for my car at the moment but I am not able to fully enjoy it because the tyres it came with suck massive donkey balls (tyres spin at 40mph if I put my foot down).

They're coming to my house to fit them this Saturday. Fingers crossed they are a decent improvement. For anyone that cares, I went for a set of 4 Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

Back
Top Bottom