What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Yea games don't take advantage of it. Not even SKyrim with a ton of mods. Loads the same as my SSD. I'm downgrading in favor of a GPU because I literally do not need 64GB, or really 32GB but I'm not complaining.

Yea games don't take advantage of it. Not even SKyrim with a ton of mods. Loads the same as my SSD. I'm downgrading in favor of a GPU because I literally do not need 64GB, or really 32GB but I'm not complaining.

I think some games do and some don't, just depends what the bottleneck in the loading times are. For open world games it probably takes a lot of CPU power to create models and that kind of stuff. There was a lengthy article on ROG Ramdisk software on ASUS's website basically saying something to that effect, they said Civ5 loaded noticebly better on a ramdisk. It should also help with popin on games like GTA, i'd hope anyway. I remember going from HDD / DDR2 to SSD / DDR3 made pop-in less severe on GTA4.

But whatever, Chrome is epic on Ramdisk. It launches instantly and cached pages are pretty much instant, though cached pages were always very quick loading to begin with, naturally.

more details please
i have an HTC one, and i really really like it more than my old iphone5.
whats up with the custom ROM? i know nothing about that stuff.

Look up rooting guides on XDA Developers for your model of One. There's several variants... so make sure you get the right carrier.

Went ahead and did it. Friend has my old Patriot kit on RMA so I'm using his 16GB PNY kit while his PC is down anyways. So now I have an eVGA GTX680 FTW+ 4GB.

1393966785950_IMG_20140304_145425_983.jpg

Went ahead and did it. Friend has my old Patriot kit on RMA so I'm using his 16GB PNY kit while his PC is down anyways. So now I have an eVGA GTX680 FTW+ 4GB.

1393966785950_IMG_20140304_145425_983.jpg

Nice. Hope the top maxwell card is 4GB or more.

Back
Top Bottom