What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Paid for my first driving lesson :D

Who needs lessons? I learned in our driveway and on the country roads around here. I took Driver's Ed in high school so I could get a discount of insurance, not to learn to drive. ;)

A lot of states require a drivers education course either before a full license/permit, or a short period after obtaining one.

I just took driver's ed for my permit at 15. Also, funny story, when I first went to get my permit, they wouldn't allow my stepfather to sign since he wasn't a "legal guardian" apparently. He was so aggravated, when we got to the long dusty road before home, he let me drive the rest of the way. I like his attitude, haha.

We don't require any formal lessons over here, but it's common practice to get a few professional lessons to get taught the basics 'properly', and then driving with family members afterwards until you feel ready to take your test. You can only start learning to drive once 17, too..

Which reminds me, I need to send off for my provisional license.

Who needs lessons? I learned in our driveway and on the country roads around here. I took Driver's Ed in high school so I could get a discount of insurance, not to learn to drive. ;)

Well you live in a huge country with lots of space. Unless you're rich over here with a lot of space, there are far too many things to hit. It would be dangerous doing it in a car without dual controls for the instructor. But anyway, like Yami said it's just the done thing over here. You get professional instructors in dual-control cars for the first 10 to 15 lessons until you are proficient, and then your family helps you learn too when they don't have to fear for there lives so much.

And you all drive auto's over there.. that requires no effort at all. Although i guess when you old folk learnt to drive it was still in a manual ;)

I am 19 and I learned in a Manual.. In my area they are just as common as auto's. Just because we have automatics doesn't mean everyone owns one ;)

Got my learners permit at 15 license the day I turned 16.

Oh right, I forgot. I bought this shirt a few days ago:

1286398096_bottom-chewieandhan2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom