What does your chill spot look like?

That radio was $300 and puts out 130w RMS per output. There is a walmart version of this system that was made, but had a different model number that is rather pitiful with 120w peak power total xD

I got this one from my brother that purchased it a long time ago but I have forgot where he got it from. He purchased the walmart one first, and noticed it sounded ****ty compared to the one he saw in the other store that was almost twice the price. Needless to say he took the walmart one back and got the more expensive unit that looked the same. This unit actually supports 5.1 and has SPDIF(think i forgot the term...) optical inputs and outputs. He just didn't purchase the sub/rears/center for it as he had no need for 5.1. I am trying to locate the sub that is meant for it, as it's a 10 inch sub from what I have been told. :3

Most 5.1 systems I have dealt with are rather crappy at the same price point as this radio was purchased at, claiming 1000w yet being 30w RMS per channel, while sounding good, it is impossible to get good mids/lows unless you spend a large amount of money on a 5.1 setup compared to a cheaper 2 channel setup that has subs in each channel.

I got a Logitech 5.1 and it's pretty good though. I also use Media Jukebox and I use the awesome DSPs on it to make them sound even better. I got it so even 96kbps mp3s are listenable.

Not proud at all, just stating the truth. It holds me up so I know it will hold him up.

EDIT: Once I get my area cleaned up I will have to post a pic.

Definitely not going to win awards for neatness today, but here's a picture anyway:
GEDC0166.JPG

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6723871/Pictures and Screenshots/New Build/GEDC0166.JPG

Pretty much the only thing that's new is the TNG Enterprise poster and the computer innards :tongue:

One of them is my brothers copy :tongue: I wish more games came with packaging that would fit there like that so I could have some games there that I actually play.. Halo 2 was a christmas gift.. I should try it again..

Back
Top Bottom