Weekend Gaming

My advice would be to co op the game with some of us and we can show you how onto handle these mofos. Plus it makes the game easier.

Beginner tips.

You are invincible if you time all dodge maneuvers at the right time. Timing dodges is critical to survival.

Use your gun to stun big enemies. The parry window is open as soon as they make a move to attack.

The axe is the best starting weapon. Great attack power, reach and move set.

Do not be afraid to die. You will learn from your mistakes and it is the games way of forcing you to farm and level grind.

If you get hit, immediately dodge and attack back to regain lost health.

Level stats that scale with weapon attacks. Level endurance and vitality also.

Boss battles are like marathon tap dances (or water dancing for you Game of Thrones fans). Dodging and countering. Hit once or twice and immediately dodge back. Boss battles are long and patience is critical.

Explore, explore and explore more. Every level has shortcuts designed for a quick run back to the boss. You don't have to fight every enemy. Run past them to get to the boss.

This.

I think it is the hardest one I have played. It is like they decided since there is no penalty for death, they would make it twice as hard. Anyone you hear claiming that this is easier than any of them is crazy.

Here's the thing - I do think it's easier BUT I'm not sure if that's because it actually is easier or because I played Dark Souls and got help and had to learn to play, and then played Dark Souls 2 and got help and had to learn to play. It feels easier to me, but I suspect it's because I'm used to the style/format now, while before I was used to running around and being an idiot and saying, entirely too frequently, "Hang on, let me do something stupid to clear this area out." I have a suspicion that folks saying it's easier are experiencing something similar. Yes, it's a different control set, but when you have at least an idea of what to expect, it's a little different, y'know?

You guys...Bloodborne...dying...I can't stop dying...fall damage...not enough lanterns...blaaarghughrughugggh

Early in the game, you can get a hand lantern in Hunter's Dream for 2000 echoes. It's totally worth it because it goes on your belt, allowing you to continue to dual-wield weapons.

Beginner tips.

You are invincible if you time all dodge maneuvers at the right time. Timing dodges is critical to survival.

Use your gun to stun big enemies. The parry window is open as soon as they make a move to attack.

Do not be afraid to die. You will learn from your mistakes and it is the games way of forcing you to farm and level grind.

Boss battles are like marathon tap dances (or water dancing for you Game of Thrones fans). Dodging and countering. Hit once or twice and immediately dodge back. Boss battles are long and patience is critical.

Explore, explore and explore more. Every level has shortcuts designed for a quick run back to the boss. You don't have to fight every enemy. Run past them to get to the boss.

All of what mantooth said. Plus most of us a pretty veteran when it comes to souls games any of us can help you. Except maybe Ajacks hes terrible at these games

What Wes, Slay and Omo said. I'm not great at the boss battles and I have an annoying tendency to get killed by dogs (fuzzy little *******s are FAST), but that advice is all spot on.

Here's another piece of advice: the second you wonder if you have enough energy left in the tank to do something in Bloodborne, you don't. Save the game, stop playing immediately. The moment you wonder if you're too tired to activate the next lantern or fight the next boss, be done with the game for the night. And don't be afraid to play it in chunks. I'll gain a level or two, or light a lantern, or open a shortcut, or fight a boss, and then I'll usually stop. It's a game that rewards caution and patience, and just getting to the point where you can open a shortcut can feel like a huge victory.

Opening up the shortcut gate by the second lantern? You have to kill somewhere around 20-25 mobs to get there. You have to clear the bonfire plaza, then break some boxes on the left once you get past the bonfire, then drop down and kill a couple of dogs (kill the ones in the cages while you're at it - you get echoes and they can't attack you), a couple more mobs in a dark house, then one last ax-man before you can open the gate. That can take a fair bit of time, and it can be fairly stressful and honestly, that's decent progress for a Bloodborne session.

Besides, rushing through it means you're going to miss a lot of what makes the game great. Take your time and be patient. Everything will still be there and waiting (and just as eager) to kill you when you get back.

My advice would be to co op the game with some of us and we can show you how onto handle these mofos. Plus it makes the game easier.

Beginner tips.

Not this.... do the opposite of what mantooth and his lackey Omo say and you will be just fine

Bloodborne for me most of the time. Helldivers and Hardline too.

If anyone is interested in getting the the trophy for having 4 people in an APC on a Friday in Helldivers, Nate and I will be doing that tonight at 8EST. Just jump into my party.

Dying light. What a great surprise game. Much better than expected.

Maybe battlefield if I crack the plastic.

Game Hunters Unite

Didn't play any game this weekend apart from one madden game to kill time.
I'm just loosing interest...
Can't find a game to get me hooked

yep me too, finished Far Cry 4 ( I would give it a 7.5 /10 ) and waiting for Witcher3. Trying to get into Mech Warriors online- but the learning curve is steep. I could go back to BF4 - but most people playing are "ubers' so competing with them is frustrating. Thinking of purchasing a DLC for something recently played = Shadow of Mordor, or Lords of the Fallen, FC4, or even Inquisition, just to get thru till Witcher 3 comes out and it is verified to be worth getting. Or maybe something I have not played yet that is on sale. Hmm...

Sometimes it's good to take a break from gaming. I also go through stages.

Next biggie is witcher. Hope I can get into it.

Game Hunters Unite

Back
Top Bottom