Website/Google SEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolbrze

In Runtime
We're working on tweaking our AdWords campaigns & optimizing our website (tree, drainage, & landscaping oriented work). I spoke w/ some friends and they gave me some ideas but I'm not sure where to start. Below is a list of where they said to start:

1. Change our title tag to relevant keywords; said something about the description tag & meta keywords
2. Something about robots, text maps, & 301 redirect
3. Google page ranking, right now we're a 0 on a 1-10 scale

Thanks for all the help!

What do you want to optimize for?
QS or organic traffic?.
What do you want to achieve?
Increase conversions, increase time on site, or maybe increase your ranking with onpage optimization.

The title tag is what shows up in the bar when someone clicks on your website. So you want to target keywords that people will search for to find your site. Meta keywords don't matter any longer as of 6 or so years ago. Description is letting users and search engines know what to expect from your website. Use keywords within this description. 301 depends on what is going on within your site and text map is most likely another name for a sitemap which gives google a "map" of your site. I'd say if you take care of these things you've got a good start but there is alot more to SEO than just the items youve mentioned. I would say go to seo blogs and poke around until you find some seo 101 basics.

If you want to do some manual work... go find some high pagerank blogs and comment on them. Make sure to leave your website address as a backlink. Backlinks on high PR sites help your rating

Back link are very important in SEO. You need to submit your site is some good paid directories or post your blogs with your site url to get some back link with it. You must check on page SEO and off page SEO.

I just started working on the SEO for our site. Everyone here seems very knowledgeable do you guys have any suggestions that could help us
lipani technologies [dot] com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom